Useful Tool for Caring for Sick Babies

Aunt Angus

🐓+🦆+🐐=🎪
5 Years
Jul 16, 2018
Nevada County, CA
I got a small chick shipment in early May. One was unresponsive and panting heavily. I immediately warmed her up and gave Nutridrench and water. I realized she needed to receive pretty much constant care in order to be revived.

So I thought, "How do I do this while working, doing chores, etc?" I started by wearing a sweatshirt backwards and putting her in the hood. That worked great, but I needed help from my son to get it to stay put.

So I went online and found this:
51OQuI6wq9L.jpg

It was FAR too expensive, but I bought it anyway because I needed something fast. I got next day delivery through Amazon.

OMG I love this thing! I put my sick chick in there and took her to work. I wore it with the little chick inside while doing dishes. I wore it while folding laundry, feeding the dogs, reading for work, posting on BYC, etc.

It's just a fleece "infinity scarf" with elastic around the edges. It would be super simple to make, and I would have if I hadn't needed it asap.

In fact, I have 3 chicks in it RIGHT NOW to keep them quiet. I'm thinking it'd be great for puppies, kittens, ferrets, rats, snakes, lizards... Probably not fish, but pretty much any other small pets.

Just thought I'd share...

That looks so cute! How does it work?
You put it around your neck (through the center hole, kinda like a scarf) and put your pet inside the fold. The chicks are so small that they can't get out. A larger pet probably could.

If I were going to make one, I might make it adjustable by including a drawstring instead of elastic on one side.

You put it around your neck (through the center hole, kinda like a scarf) and put your pet inside the fold. The chicks are so small that they can't get out. A larger pet probably could.

If I were going to make one, I might make it adjustable by including a drawstring instead of elastic on one side.
I thought it went aroudn your stomach. But the neck makes more sense

You're officially a chicken influencer, because I could not resist buying one for my girls arriving in a few weeks! But! This leads me to a question I haven't been able to find on here: How easily does chicken poo come out of clothes? Will it mostly wash out? I'm not worried about stains, just not sure what to expect.

You're officially a chicken influencer, because I could not resist buying one for my girls arriving in a few weeks! But! This leads me to a question I haven't been able to find on here: How easily does chicken poo come out of clothes? Will it mostly wash out? I'm not worried about stains, just not sure what to expect.
Yay! Chicken Influencer! Imma adopt that title for my tag!

Their poop is kinda dry, really, so I find I can just turn the thing inside out and dump it. Cecal poop... sticky and stinky. It doesn't dump out, but it washes out.

Back
Top Bottom