Using Anti-Slip mat...

TMDee

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 22, 2011
Speyside, Scotland
Hello all

For those that use anti-slip mats to prevent splayed feet etc can I ask how long you use it for?

Chicks getting bigger....and so is the poo! Just wondering what stage to move over to using wood shavings in the hope it will absorb poo a bit better!?!

Thanks

xx

I use it to line the bottom of my hatching tray's then in the brooder for just about 3-4 day's then I remove it clean and store till the next hatch, when the chicks go to the outdoor brooders at 5 day's old. I really like using them and have never had splayed legs, I had a chick a few hatches ago that couldn't stand well but after a few day's on the liners he got the hang of it and is now fine. WTS I don't attempt to fix splayed leg or slipped tendons, if they can't correct themselfs they get culled, only the strong will survive in my flock.

I've got rubber foam mats in the bottom of my brooders and the ducklings will be on it until they are moved outside. Which will be when they are fully feathered.

The way they run around, I'm not taking any chances with them getting any slip and fall injuries.

Back
Top Bottom