Using Corid

Jubilee1111

Songster
10 Years
Jan 8, 2010
Austin, TX
I had one 4 week old Light Brahma chick die recently of cocci.
hit.gif
Her clutchmate came down with it two days later, so I started her on a Corid. This all happened after their first two days of getting to go play outside. They are fed non-medicated feed.

Before she showed any symptoms I relocated the remaining Light Brahma chick into a enclosure containing five, two week old chicks so she wouldn't be alone. So... they have all been drinking the medicated water for seven days.

My question is, if the younger chicks were exposed to cocci during this week of treatment, is the seven days enough? Or should I continue on for longer? If I need to continue, how much longer should they be on Corid?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Last edited:
Quote:
Since ALL of them have been through the 7 day treatment, you should stop. The corid will have done its job, leaving it out longer wont do anything.

Ok, great. Thanks for the info.

And Thanks for posting the correct Corid dosage in your earlier posts. It was of immense help!

It would be such a good idea to start them on medicated chick starter. Dr. Peter Brown, a well known poultry science professional, recommends adding Corrid to ALL of your birds water for two days every month to keep down the colonization of cocci in their intestines. This can prevent active infections.

It would be such a good idea to start them on medicated chick starter. Dr. Peter Brown, a well known poultry science professional, recommends adding Corrid to ALL of your birds water for two days every month to keep down the colonization of cocci in their intestines. This can prevent active infections.
This is great info an management! Thanks!

If you put the corid in the water 2 days each month what do you do with the eggs? Is it ok to eat them or do you have to throw them out?

So does anyone know if you can eat the eggs. If you cant eat the eggs how long do you wait. I'm talking about if you do it two days a month.

Back
Top Bottom