Using DE AND lime AND sweet PDZ at the same time with pine shavings bedding in coop?

Ah, yes......the official name of PDZ is Sweet PDZ Stall Refresher.
Can be easily confused with Stall Fresh.
@BigBlueHen53 this pic, from @RojoMarz's link, might help.
1655549785715.png

currently I use DE Sprinkled on the floor of the coop along with sweet PDZ and then I put the bedding on top of pine shavings. I understand a lot of you don’t like DE but I’ve never had a problem with it no one I know has had a problem with it and I used it on chickens for several years when I had chickens many years ago as well so my question is not about the safety of DE But I keep hearing about Saturday lime and I’m wondering if I can add that to my regiment. Can I use all three? I don’t want to ever get mites or lice and I want to be as proactive as possible. I cannot find anything online that says anyone has used DE, lime, PDZ at the same time Thoughts?
I emailed FSL your question (and added my own). They partially answered but were thorough and thoughtful in what they did answer, so I will reiterate and let you know. But here is their response:

"FSL does not turn caustic when wet! It is insoluble so as it dries out it will reactivate. People use FSL in dirt and water baths alike! First Saturday Lime is STRONGER and SAFER than diatomaceous earth. Diatomaceous earth is made from silica, which can cause respiratory inflammation in humans and animals. It is essentially ground up shells that repel by “cutting” up insects. First Saturday Lime has had the silica burned out of the product and has ZERO known health hazards. There are respiratory hazards when using diatomaceous earth but none with our product. There won't be interactions between DE and FSL, however we are not sure what you would use the sulfur for with FSL? If you'd like to let us know we will research and let you know."

Back
Top Bottom