Using pressure treated posts for run

4 the Birds,

What you have is very similar to what I am looking to do, except I want more pitch in my roof for aesthetic purposes.

What roofing material did you use? Did you just bury your posts or use something for a footer under them?

Don't worry about pics...I always take pics of the projects I do, so I'll be sure to post them.

4 the Birds,

What you have is very similar to what I am looking to do, except I want more pitch in my roof for aesthetic purposes.

What roofing material did you use? Did you just bury your posts or use something for a footer under them?

Don't worry about pics...I always take pics of the projects I do, so I'll be sure to post them.
Yes my pitch is kinda shallow. A bigger pitch would for sure look better. No footers and no quickrete for the poles. You can even add a base board along the ground connecting the poles if you want something to nail your hardware cloth to. I use exterior beadboard for all my roofs and exterior panels. It comes prepainted on one side and unpainted on the other. The paint is somehow baked on and pretty industructible. It comes in a beige or a gray color. Love the stuff! You can get it at Home Depot or Lowes for around $20 for a 4x8 sheet. Kinda pricey but it saves alot of painting and time. They have slots on the edges that you can overlap each board. You could always go corrugated metal for the roof but it will cost 4 ot 5 times more than the beadboard. Buy a box of those metal 2x2 angles ($1/angle) and you are good to go.

Yes, I have seen that exterior "bead board" in Lowe's. In fact, I was going to use that for the exterior of the coop, but I found someone who is rough-cutting eastern yellow pine boards for me. Along with these, I am going to put a galvanized corrugated roof on the coop. I want it to look like a barn.

Back
Top Bottom