Using Zip Ties for Bands

In the hardware section you can get a whole bottle of zip ties for around $10 at Walmart; In all sizes and colors. They work great just monitor their growth to change them out as needed.I have used them just fine for years on banties and large fowl. Use certain colors for different hatching dates, just keep a record of it or get you an EXCEL program to keep it on your computer. I agree with SandsPoultry on cutting the bands before you sell the babies; some people might forget to check the bands.
smile.png

i have the assorted pack from walmart of zipties, and it had black white yellow green and red in it in various sizes... awsome....
i was at the dollar store the other day, they had a big pack of them in pink and baby blue and light green... i need to go get those ones too so i have a rainbow assortment.. more for me to keep track of which baby came out of which color egg.... ie which mom.. so when they get bigger i can trace egg color genetics back and figure out what went into it...

i was actually thinking of doing a double band system, one band for the particular hatch so i know how old they are, and one band to tell me which hen is it's mom

i need to start keeping notes.. lol.. so far i'm lucky, all the current hatchings came from one hen..

Back
Top Bottom