USPS embargo on live animals (chicks) through Feb 26, 2021!

Pics
Wait, so...you're saying having a mail service that by law must deliver to every address in our nation isn't necessary?
Confused Thinking GIF

You are boggling my mind. That's the reason that every country in the world has a government run mail service, because it's a necessity. Governments generally do not provide things that aren't necessary, unless the citizenry demands it. Profit is never a necessity. That's why non profits can get by and thrive. Profit does not equal sustainability; profit is getting more out of it than you put in, and in this day and age, it means FAR more than you put in or else entrepreneurs don't think it's worth it. The American people profit from the accessibility that they get from the Post Office. For just 55 cents you can send a letter anywhere in the country. I'd like to see FedEx and UPS offer us that kind of service (and yeah, they do ship documents).

Even saying that--the USPS pays for itself through postage, goods, and services offered--they don't receive tax money. The reason they are hurting financially is mainly because of the insane pension burden that Congress put on them. They have always been sustainable...our government is just trying to ruin that sustainability for some reason.
Who Knows Idk GIF
Exactly Right. 100% correct. ❤️💕 thank you!

It’s possible someone already covered this. Sorry if I’m duplicating. I didn’t read all comments.
I’m a retired Postmaster and in my 30 years with the USPS, these embargo’s were periodically placed when necessary to avoid animals dying while in shipping. Sometimes it was due to extreme weather conditions, sometimes flight changes etc. The USPS live animal embargo was necessary this time due to weather “impacts”. Since there was very little transportation and or processing (power outages) in Texas last week, the mail got log jammed. They have to get all that mail processed in order to safely handle live animals. I am told the embargo is scheduled to be lifted on Friday.
☺️

I think it's been said, but you put it nice and concisely, and the previous times are all buried in 20-something pages of posts :)

It’s possible someone already covered this. Sorry if I’m duplicating. I didn’t read all comments.
I’m a retired Postmaster and in my 30 years with the USPS, these embargo’s were periodically placed when necessary to avoid animals dying while in shipping. Sometimes it was due to extreme weather conditions, sometimes flight changes etc. The USPS live animal embargo was necessary this time due to weather “impacts”. Since there was very little transportation and or processing (power outages) in Texas last week, the mail got log jammed. They have to get all that mail processed in order to safely handle live animals. I am told the embargo is scheduled to be lifted on Friday.
☺️
In your experience do they generally lift when predicted or should we expect more than just this week to be embargoed?

I’m glad I could help. This is such a nice place to learn and share. I gave the exact same information on a chicken group on A social media platform and subsequently got kicked off the group. :idunno Someone thought the embargo was part of a “new world order”.:th
My dad probably would too if I mentioned it. Hoping he never has to learn about it

Back
Top Bottom