Utah - Need A Hatchling Chick Or Two - Emergency!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by RyanAndMeri, Sep 18, 2009.

1. RyanAndMeri

RyanAndMeri Out Of The Brooder

Sep 10, 2007
    Sorry to use emergency in the title, but we're just had 24 eggs under the incubator and only one egg hatched. We're afraid this lone chick will not do well without a mother or other chicks to keep it company. If there's anybody who can spare a chick or two and live in Utah, we'll drive over and pay top dollar for the chickies. We'd hate to have our new little chick all alone, please help if you can. Please respond to this thread or message us if you can help.

Thank You!!!

2. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    Can you call around to local feed stores and see if any of them have chicks in stock?

3. muddypuddles

muddypuddles Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2009
    Sorry, I can't help you but you should post this on the Utah thread since I think most active Utah people subscribe to it. Good Luck ( I had this problem too and it was a pain-my chick imprinted on ME. Believe me, you don't want that! The chirping will drive you insane. [​IMG] )

4. RyanAndMeri

Sep 10, 2007
    Good suggestion. We called them but they all stop stocking around June.

Thanks Muddypuddles, I just posted there as well. The last time I was there it wasn't that active so I thought I'd post here first.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  5. ChanceRider

ChanceRider Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Somerset, CA
    Wish you were closer, I have a dozen chicks that are a couple of days old; we're taking a bunch of chicks and ducklings to auction this coming Sunday.

You might try placing a wanted ad on FreeCycle and/or Craigslist.

Good luck!

6. RyanAndMeri

Sep 10, 2007
    Thanks ChanceRider, that's very thoughtful of you. We've placed a local ad, but not on Craigslist. I think we'll try that next.

7. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    What part of Utah?

Try JoshsBantams if you're around Salt Lake, he may be hatching now.

8. WiseChicks

WiseChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Hudson, WI
    Search "chickens" and "Chicks" on Craigslist.... you might find something there! Good luck!!!!

Katie

9. RyanAndMeri

Sep 10, 2007
    Thanks again. Can't find anything around SLC, Ogden, or even Provo on Craigslist. I also tried Josh's as you suggested but he just has eggs on eggbid.com and I can't find an email address for him to check on chicks themselves. I'm still hopeful [​IMG] This is a great community!

10. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Just send him a PM here on BYC. All you need is his username. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by