Utah!

Sphinx, where did you go again..these are beautiful! You should post that one you did on fb of what you saw when you woke up in the morning. Great shot there too.

That's ok Red, no chicks for you, you know what you can handle. Smart girl. Enjoy that meat! I really like the deer roast, and of course, the jerky.

Sphinx, sorry that your lav is still struggling so much. My Marans lost a good deal of weight when her leg got injured. She's starting to bulk up again, but slowly. If your lav refuses to eat and it's been at least a week, though, I would consider putting her down. That's only my personal opinion, however
sad.png

Cynthia, that Exchequer I got from you loves going through the sprinkler. She was soaked when I put her to bed tonight.

Lisa, we have figured out that one of the two BR cockerels I got from you is deformed. He leans very obviously to one side, and one of his legs is shorter than the other. My mom suggested we call him Leena, then said Lenny when she found out it was a boy
smile.png

My lavender is evidently still eating- she would've starved before now if she wasn't. She does seem to be laying so that she's upright, instead of to one side, so I guess that's a tiny improvement. Also, the food and the water are about 18" from each other, and I find her tipped towards one or the other, so I think she's pushing herself around a bit.

Cynthia, I went to Zion National Park and we did the Subway hike. There's a lot of info online if you want to read more about it.

Red, how strange that one of his legs is longer than the others.

Incubators, how goes it?

My lavender is evidently still eating- she would've starved before now if she wasn't. She does seem to be laying so that she's upright, instead of to one side, so I guess that's a tiny improvement. Also, the food and the water are about 18" from each other, and I find her tipped towards one or the other, so I think she's pushing herself around a bit.

Cynthia, I went to Zion National Park and we did the Subway hike. There's a lot of info online if you want to read more about it.

Red, how strange that one of his legs is longer than the others.

Incubators, how goes it?

One of my husbands quail hatched today. Soo cute and tiny, Very noisy which surprises me I would have thought being wild they would be very quiet. No so very noisy

Well my older chickens decided to pick on the younger one that i put in with them. They cornered her and pecked a nickle sized spot near her tail feathers. Luckily my husband cought them before they did anything else. Is there anything we can do or should i just wait longer to put her back in with them?

Well my older chickens decided to pick on the younger one that i put in with them. They cornered her and pecked a nickle sized spot near her tail feathers. Luckily my husband cought them before they did anything else. Is there anything we can do or should i just wait longer to put her back in with them?

How old was the chick? Was it the only younger one? They usually do better with a pal or two that are about the same age. I have a few young pullets running together with the big girls. The bigger ones did go after them at first, not so much now. A little one being chased always ran to it's buddies, so it wasn't always singled out. The older ones got used to having 5 little ones running around them. I always made sure they were out of the coop early enough to get away and have room to run around. They can run circles around those bigger girls.
If you only have the one, I would wait until it's older. Then it will probably just stay on it's own while it's out there until it is bigger and laying..if it's a girl. :p
Then somehow, they just seem to start fitting in.

Way to go Red on you deer! Awesome! :clap

Sphinx, hope your lav girl gets better. Crossing fingers for you!

Sundance, hope we can see your little quail babies. They are soooo tiny and sweet. How is everybody's eggs doing so far?
How's yours Hattie?

Kidasoto, it just takes time....if she has a place to hide that the big girls can't get to that helps also. sticks in a corner, a box with a cutout that is too small for the bigger girls....just have to make sure she comes out enough to eat and drink.

Back
Top Bottom