Utah!

Quote:
I don't know about DE prices, but I've been to Steve Regan a couple times. Their prices were decent, but they were out of basic things I needed (food) both times I went. I got tired of wasting my gas and time trekking up there.

I've been really happy with CAL Ranch, and it's in West Jordan, so it's probably fairly convenient for you: 2735 West 7800 South, West Jordan, UT 84088-3701 (801) 569-2368. They have food, shavings, and supplies, and they are the only place I've been able to get pelleted chicken food without having to have it special ordered.

Quote:
i am getting my bsl from a guy in lindon. he has them in all ages and is very easy to work with. if you want i can pm you his email. he is a real pro and keeps records on all the chickens. he has more breeds too if you want them.
big_smile.png

Quote:
I'm planning on ordering black sex links from Privett Hatchery (New Mexico) as soon as I get my butt in gear and clean another spot in the garage and build another small coop. Getting Delawares too. We had very good luck with 50 of them last year.

I’ve got a neighbor who’s done with chickens for awhile. She (and her husband) want to get rid of her flock. I think she’s fine with just giving the birds, and the rest of her feed, away.

She’s in Sandy
She has 5 hens
2, she thinks are RIR’s
One may be a Golden Laced Wyandotte
Not sure on the last 2
Only brown egg layers

She says she gets 1-3 eggs a day, and has one (for sure) non-layer.

Anyone interested, PM me.

Marty

Hi we are in utah! in the Ogden Valley, town of Eden. This is where snow basin and powder mountain skiing is. We do most of our shopping at IFA because its close. I buy pellets from them. I got our chicks from Sunnybrooke last may and we are so-so about using her again. We ended up with some sick birds and unfortunatly she had gone back to work for the school year and was really hard to get ahold of. We also ended up with a suprise Roo he is a black australorp. I really love him, very friendly and lets us pick him up but our flock of 8 hens are not enjoying having 2 Roos around!! We have an americauna roo that we want to keep so blackie must go.
sad.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I had an email conversation with Christie last week. Said she would still sell special order chickens, but didn't want to babysit all those chickens again this year. She's focusing on ducks this year. Said she had some sickness in her birds too, and that ducks don't get sick.

Marty

Back
Top Bottom