Utah!

Okay, I am so excited. My mallard hen is laying! DH caught one of the chickens checking out the back of the hay bale today. He told me one of my Wyandottes was hiding eggs.

When I went to look, I noticed a problem with that: these eggs are gray-green. Not tan. Looks like my duck had herself a nice little nest in there with ten eggs. I've been waiting for a year to get eggs from her! Yaaaaay!

Hi Everyone!

I have been lurking/stalking this page for the past couple months and realized that if I ever had a question or concern no one would know who I am. I feel like I know people here, but no one even knows that I exist so it's time to come out of the shadows.

My name is Tandy and live in Davis Co. This is my first go around with chickens - do to the fact that we have never lived on property big enough to own any. So now that we've moved up to Syracuse we've got enough space to finally go chicken crazy. We currently have 10,
4-week old chicks and my only complaint is that my home is currently poop factory central. I knew there would be lots of poop, but holy cow! I clean out the brooder and 1 hour later it looks like I never touched it.

We didn't know which breed we wanted to start with so we decided on a mixed flock of 7 different breeds. 'It's fun seeing all the different personalities of each bird and I have to say my 2 favorite have turned out to be a Speckled Sussex name "Rosita Kissy Lips" (looks like she is wearing red lipstick) and an Americana we named "Vigil" (she is always alert for danger - but loves being held and getting scratches).

Anyways, I looked forward to being more involved on this board and getting to know everyone. Have a great Day!

Tandy
Welcome!

Hey Lady… thanks for the heads up on the IFA deal(s).

AND I have seen these type of things show up here from time to time and I just get a chuckle out of them. Enough so that I have decided to join the exalted ones whom are able to declare ~ "THE CHICKENS ARE FED!"

Felt like spring out there today…

Best to all and your birds,

RJ

Edit: Sorry Tandy… perhaps you should avert your eyes until you know me better.

On second look my tan needs improving.
gig.gif
I saw these on FB. The whole set of pics is hillarious.

Hi Everyone!

I have been lurking/stalking this page for the past couple months and realized that if I ever had a question or concern no one would know who I am. I feel like I know people here, but no one even knows that I exist so it's time to come out of the shadows.

My name is Tandy and live in Davis Co. This is my first go around with chickens - do to the fact that we have never lived on property big enough to own any. So now that we've moved up to Syracuse we've got enough space to finally go chicken crazy. We currently have 10,
4-week old chicks and my only complaint is that my home is currently poop factory central. I knew there would be lots of poop, but holy cow! I clean out the brooder and 1 hour later it looks like I never touched it.

We didn't know which breed we wanted to start with so we decided on a mixed flock of 7 different breeds. 'It's fun seeing all the different personalities of each bird and I have to say my 2 favorite have turned out to be a Speckled Sussex name "Rosita Kissy Lips" (looks like she is wearing red lipstick) and an Americana we named "Vigil" (she is always alert for danger - but loves being held and getting scratches).

Anyways, I looked forward to being more involved on this board and getting to know everyone. Have a great Day!

Tandy
welcome-byc.gif
Welcome to the Utah thread!

Okay, I am so excited. My mallard hen is laying! DH caught one of the chickens checking out the back of the hay bale today. He told me one of my Wyandottes was hiding eggs.

When I went to look, I noticed a problem with that: these eggs are gray-green. Not tan. Looks like my duck had herself a nice little nest in there with ten eggs. I've been waiting for a year to get eggs from her! Yaaaaay!
Great find!
thumbsup.gif

not to bring sad thoughts to the thread or anything but this weekend i lost my dad who was the one that pushed me hard to get chickens, who helped me build coops and all that. he had chickens as a kid and wanted me to have them too. its funny the day he died the girls were extra loving to him and layed the best they have in a long time, its like they knew. cancer is horrible. please everyone be sure to get your checks and all that often

Oh Brad, I am so sorry. I remember meeting him with you.
hugs.gif

Hi Everyone. I'm looking for young breeding groups 8-10 months old, 4-6 hens with a rooster. I'd love some rare breeds, like Barnavelders, bielefelders, Cream Legbars, Columbian Wyandottes, Also would love to have some pullets, Speckled Sussex, Welsummers, Olive eggers. I had backyard chickens for the last 7 years, and recently moved to the country. I now have 6 acres and room to start breeding a few groups. Anything you have that is rare I'd love to look at. I would appreciate any help. Thanks

Where do you live? I have a lot of EE's that are due to hatch just before Easter. Have some bantam Barred rock cohins pipping now.

Oh Brad, I am so sorry.  I remember meeting him with you.  :hugs
thanks. my dad loved meeting you. and he loved that your son served in the same area he did, of course back then it was like 3 states he had to cover lol.

but yeah he was a great man. always supported me with my chickens. he was there if i just could not put down one of the girls if it came to that.

anyway i just hope all of you get the screening for cancer and such that you are supposed to. would hate to lose any of you.

Back
Top Bottom