Utah!

Cynthia… sad to read the bad wind down your way caused damage.
sad.png

Thank you, getting estimates today.

Hi Everyone

I need some help. Yesterday I discovered my front yard covered in Barred Rock feathers and sure enough my full size laying hen is gone. I'm guessing it was a hawk but what else could it have been?

Now I have 5 hens left but I'm not sure what the best way to protect them is. Please help me understand what I can do.

Lastly, I now have room for one more hen. Does anybody have any Buckeyes or lavender hens that they would be willing to sell?

Thanks

Hi Everyone

I need some help. Yesterday I discovered my front yard covered in Barred Rock feathers and sure enough my full size laying hen is gone. I'm guessing it was a hawk but what else could it have been?

Now I have 5 hens left but I'm not sure what the best way to protect them is. Please help me understand what I can do.

Lastly, I now have room for one more hen. Does anybody have any Buckeyes or lavender hens that they would be willing to sell?

Thanks
could have been a raccoon....

Hey Lady… thanks for the heads up on the IFA deal(s). AND I have seen these type of things show up here from time to time and I just get a chuckle out of them. Enough so that I have decided to join the exalted ones whom are able to declare ~ "THE CHICKENS ARE FED!" [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] Felt like spring out there today… Best to all and your birds, RJ Edit: Sorry Tandy… perhaps you should avert your eyes until you know me better. On second look my tan needs improving.
This is great haha

Could be a dog too---when my former dog would get a bird he would shake it like crazy and leave a pile of feathers then take off with the carcass.
:( Sorry to hear your bird is missing, never fun to lose a bird!

Last edited:
Hi Everyone

Thanks

So sorry. Did this happen at night? There are a few critters out there that could have been the culprit. Had a Ferrell cat get one of mine.

Hi Everyone

Thanks
I'm so sorry to hear that. I will keep an eye out for buckeyes and lavenders. What kind of lavenders are you looking for?

I'm so sorry to hear that. I will keep an eye out for buckeyes and lavenders. What kind of lavenders are you looking for?

Any lavenders, I havent seen one yet that I didnt like.

Has anybody tried feeding Crows to help with Hawks/predators? I've seen quite a few in West Jordan but I'm not sure its worth the risks.

Back
Top Bottom