Utah!

Anyone else getting wind? We weren't! Then all of a sudden I hear the upstairs creeking. Wait, I am upstairs! It was the wood in the attick. Then I hear this wind!! Micro Burst. We've had them before, but never so hard it made our house makes noises..and not come and go as fast as it did. I went out and checked the chickens..all accounted for..lol..the rood..not so funny. Some of the shigles ended up in our apple tree. :/

Hubby called the ins co. They said to get 3 different estimates. Then, we would have a $1,000 dollar deductible. We were just talking about getting the rood done..good timing I guess..that is .. if.. the ins. co. will say, yeah, the whole roof needs it. The back side doesn't look like it lifted. If you look between the two bad places, you can see where it lifted more. It wasn't lifted like that before.

Anyone else getting wind? We weren't! Then all of a sudden I hear the upstairs creeking. Wait, I am upstairs! It was the wood in the attick. Then I hear this wind!! Micro Burst. We've had them before, but never so hard it made our house makes noises..and not come and go as fast as it did. I went out and checked the chickens..all accounted for..lol..the rood..not so funny. Some of the shigles ended up in our apple tree. :/

Hubby called the ins co. They said to get 3 different estimates. Then, we would have a $1,000 dollar deductible. We were just talking about getting the rood done..good timing I guess..that is .. if.. the ins. co. will say, yeah, the whole roof needs it. The back side doesn't look like it lifted. If you look between the two bad places, you can see where it lifted more. It wasn't lifted like that before.
So far down south isn't any more windy that it usually is, but we get some crazy bursts of wind down here. We had our roof redone his last year and decided on a tin roof. Best decision I've ever made and only a little bit more in cost but it will save us in the long run.

Oh, I hate wind! We had a really bad windstorm in Dec. of 2011, I was in class with 10 sixth graders (the rest had not come to school) and we watched a trampoline narrowly miss our window. I hope the insurance decides you need a new roof!

Oh, I hate wind! We had a really bad windstorm in Dec. of 2011, I was in class with 10 sixth graders (the rest had not come to school) and we watched a trampoline narrowly miss our window. I hope the insurance decides you need a new roof!
I had to drive my little compact car in that. It actually did well, but it scared me when I past the tipped over semis.

Oh, I hate wind!  We had a really bad windstorm in Dec. of 2011,  I was in class with 10 sixth graders (the rest had not come to school) and we watched a trampoline narrowly miss our window.  I hope the insurance decides you need a new roof!

I had to drive my little compact car in that. It actually did well, but it scared me when I past the tipped over semis.
d

It's a good thing you were in that little compact car! Any bigger and the wind woulda gave you a lot more trouble. I'm glad your ok!

I found one of my silkie mix pullets (hatched last August) in the nesting box. There was even a little bantam egg under her. Unfortunately, I think the egg was from my other banty hen who has started laying again. Then I realized training egg + banty egg = two eggs and you know what happens to silkies if they ever see two eggs in a nesting box...

Now I'm worried she's going to go broody without ever having laid.
roll.png

I found one of my silkie mix pullets (hatched last August) in the nesting box.  There was even a little bantam egg under her.  Unfortunately, I think the egg was from my other banty hen who has started laying again. Then I realized training egg + banty egg =  two eggs and you know what happens to silkies if they ever see two eggs in a nesting box...

Now I'm worried she's going to go broody without ever having laid. :rolleyes:

As so often happens, I was worrying without cause.

The culprit:

Back
Top Bottom