Utah!

Okay, so I know y'all have chickens, but what other fowl have we got out there? (Yes, I know, I could read all 500 pages of this thread, but BYC already is taking up a lot of my work day
hide.gif
)
Ducks, quail? Anyone? I would love to add some khaki campbells to my lineup, and would be tickled pink if there were any in the area I could come meet.

Awesomesauce. Thank you for the heads up, Lisa. I anticipate seeing what you have! (I feel like a biding meiser saying that, lol)

Awesomesauce! So funny, my sons says that ALL the time, and Evilsauce (=bad), made me laugh, love it!
Donna---I will be praying also to the Great Chicken for a good hatch. haha :p
Birdman, gorgeous girls you have there, the phone pics worked great!

thanks everyone :) i am going on a major mouse trapping spree, tried useing glue traps last night but they would jump on it then flip into the shavings and get loose, well 2 hours ago i set two of my favorite snap traps and just checked them and i got two mice. i have a shelf in my coop that i took fencing and put it around the bottom shelf so the girls cant get at the traps. its not like i have a lot of mice, just a normal amount but i will always trap them because some mice just like chicken coops lol.

@La Casa- We normally would have eggs for sale at this time but we're working on our breeding project at the moment so we've been collecting all our eggs for hatching ;) Hopefully by this summer though it could be iffy. I'll definitely let you know though ;)

@La Casa- We normally would have eggs for  sale at this time but we're working on our breeding project at the moment so we've been collecting all our eggs for hatching ;) Hopefully by this summer though it could be iffy. I'll definitely let you know though ;)

Good to know! I did get a couple at IFA but they are turning out to be not the colors I thought I was getting /were in the wrong bin. They sure have fun personalities though, very social and quirky. Definitely want to keep some of this breed in my flock :) I will keep my eyes out for updates on your eggs/chicks :)

thanks everyone
smile.png
i am going on a major mouse trapping spree, tried useing glue traps last night but they would jump on it then flip into the shavings and get loose, well 2 hours ago i set two of my favorite snap traps and just checked them and i got two mice. i have a shelf in my coop that i took fencing and put it around the bottom shelf so the girls cant get at the traps. its not like i have a lot of mice, just a normal amount but i will always trap them because some mice just like chicken coops lol.

I can't take credit for hatching the pencil..I did get eggs from him, but they were a mess, didn't get the second ones sent..P.O.? Soo, he sent me chicks..remember that mess a while back? It was so nice of him to just go ahead and send me his chicks. They are pretty. My girl is getting big fast! My husband and I were just out there today looking at her. She's going to be a big girl. Not sure she is going to catch up to my BO though! Man she is huge! She will be going back to Hector soon. I had her first, then Hector, then me..lol..now Hector wants her back when I am getting close to having another pullet start laying..the ones I hatched. My NH is getting big, my black EE..yes, I am thinking girl again, even with that pretty tail, then my Speckled Sussex will be laying this summer. The old girls are going..not even that old, and the new coming in. I want to keep my Miss Piggy, the white leghorn. She's a good hen. Doesn't bother anyone. Maybe shoo a newbie away, but doesn't pick on them. I like my red sexlink too..she will be one of the last to go. I may keep one of my barnyard mixes that I have in the bator, they will make great layers, sex link type of birds.

I can't take credit for hatching the pencil..I did get eggs from him, but they were a mess, didn't get the second ones sent..P.O.?  Soo, he sent me chicks..remember that mess a while back?  It was so nice of him to just go ahead and send me his chicks.  They are pretty.  My girl is getting big fast!  My husband and I were just out there today looking at her.  She's going to be a big girl.  Not sure she is going to catch up to my BO though!  Man she is huge!  She will be going back to Hector soon.  I had her first, then Hector, then me..lol..now Hector wants her back when I am getting close to having another pullet start laying..the ones I hatched.  My NH is getting big, my black EE..yes, I am thinking girl again, even with that pretty tail, then my Speckled Sussex will be laying this summer.  The old girls are going..not even that old, and the new coming in.  I want to keep my Miss Piggy, the white leghorn.  She's a good hen.  Doesn't bother anyone.  Maybe shoo a newbie away, but doesn't pick on them. I like my red sexlink too..she will be one of the last to go.   I may keep one of my barnyard mixes that I have in the bator, they will make great layers, sex link type of birds.

oh yeah now i remember. yeah my spr is getting big too and the buff sure is growing. most my girls will have a home with me for as long as they live, it would just be way to hard to give them up.

Hey Sphinx!

Did ya make it to the feed store without buying chicks?? I just ran out, and I thought of you as I looked into the empty bag....first thing that came to mind was ohhhh no.......I might have to send the DH. :D

Back
Top Bottom