Utah!

I'm in northern Utah. Noticed you have Marans? We have a white one, that the lady said was a crop out? She's the broodiest girl. Just started sitting 5 eggs. Are Marans always broody?

I'm in northern Utah. Noticed you have Marans? We have a white one, that the lady said was a crop out? She's the broodiest girl. Just started sitting 5 eggs. Are Marans always broody?
welcome-byc.gif
I've only had one hen ever go broody, and it was a black copper marans.

JesusFreak, where is your picture of the RIR?

You know what's funny to me about goats? They are the size of a large dog, in fact, in our family alone, there's 3-4 dogs larger than the average goat. My brother in law/SIL have an alaskan malamute that's the size of a small pony. Yet goats aren't legal everywhere. Odd.

4girls

Welcome!
welcome-byc.gif

I have one Marans hen that is 14 months old. Haven't noticed broody yet, but several of my other hens have thought about it. Only one stayed committed. I've not heard of 'crop out'. Will be interested to find out what that means.

Last edited:
Here's my girl that made me go back and forth on guessing if "it" lol..was a she, or a he. I know it's a pullet now, pretty one at that. So those of you that thought girl..way to go..and remind me of who you are, so I can get you to guess on my upcoming birds.
tongue.png

She is wondering what in the world that thing is I'm following her around with.
Nice big muff on her, I am thinking this is a pure Ameraucana..not an EE. She sent both kind of eggs..this one has the slate legs..no green to them at all. Wonder what the egg will tell..don't all blacks lay eggs with a green tint? Oh wait, except for Lisa's black, she laid a brown egg..
lol.png
I best beg for forgiveness..
bow.gif
You love me anyway, right Lisa? Are you going to keep her? Didn't you say she was laying real well right now?

Here's my girl that made me go back and forth on guessing if "it" lol..was a she, or a he.  I know it's a pullet now, pretty one at that.  So those of you that thought girl..way to go..and remind me of who you are, so I can get you to guess on my upcoming birds.  :p

She is wondering what in the world that thing is I'm following her around with.
  Nice big muff on her,  I am thinking this is a pure Ameraucana..not an EE.  She sent both kind  of eggs..this one has the slate legs..no green to them at all.  Wonder what the egg will tell..don't all blacks lay eggs with a green tint?  Oh wait, except for Lisa's black, she laid a brown egg..  :lol:   I best beg for forgiveness..:bow   You love me anyway, right Lisa?  Are you going to keep her?  Didn't you say she was laying real well right now? 
i said she was a girl i think. but anyway i went and saw the girls today and i made the painful mistake of not covering up a big scab on my leg, i am sure you can tell how that worked out lol

So Brad, what I want to know is, how did you get a big scab? Did you fall?

When you say you went to see the girls..aren't they in your back yard? You have some tall weeds? Those girls should be eating those weeds! lol..

How have you been? My pencil is soo akward looking right now. In fact my DH was laughing at her today when she took off across the lawn running. He says she runs different than the others. I think they all look funny running. :) She is getting big>ger.

Take care. Did you hear that I got a new bator? It came, just need to get pictures. Will soon.

So Brad, what I want to know is, how did you get a big scab?  Did you fall? 

When you say you went to see the girls..aren't they in your back yard?  You have some tall weeds?  Those girls should be eating those weeds!  lol..

How have you been?  My pencil is soo akward looking right now.  In fact my DH was laughing at her today when she took off across the lawn running. He says she runs different than the others.  I think they all look funny running.  :)  She is getting big>ger.

Take care.  Did you hear that I got a new bator?  It came, just need to get pictures.  Will soon.
i get hurt so much that i have no idea how i get hurt lol. my welsummer saw it and just pecked it. we do not have tall weeds, i cut them all down :) my spr is such a funny girl, she is my little spaz. the orp has gotten big and she is very friendly and is very bonded with the spr. i am doing good. had to replace the valves on my sprinkler system so thats been a pain. oh guess what, my dad has decided to retire from his job after working for them for nearly 38 years... the stress was getting too bad and they were kinda picking on him and he did not want to loose his retirement so as of july first he will be done. it makes me sad company's try to cut the long serving people to try to save money...

I went to see Rebecca today about the BLRW and it turns out I know her! My daughter used to go to Tae Kwon Do with her son. She has some beautiful birds!

Cynthia, this black girl is the one with that had the curled over tail for a bit, right? The tail was making you think boy....then you posted the face and she looked really like a she! Beautiful girl, really fluffy! My two black from you----one lays med to darkish brown, one lays olive. The brown egger laid really well at first, now she is having some delay----she has laid a few doubles though and I think her schedule is off. The olive egger lays pretty good---about 5/week. But they are not as big as the brown eggs from the other one. But they are not pure Am--they are EE with the Marans daddy and the Amer. mom. So I would think you could get blue from a pure Ameraucana right? You would think so! I hope you do!! And yes you know I love you Cynthia lol! You were my first chicken friend :D

Brad, you tell your dad, he will be soo glad that he retired now. It's better than what my DH did..you heard that story when we met. At least your dad is retiring on his own. Wow, I thought Scott's 25 years was a long time..38 years! How can they be like that to him? Why aren't the people that have worked at a place be more appreciated? They know they can get anyone to take his place, and probably for less money. Tell you dad that Scott is really enjoying his retirement now. Was worried at first, but once things got worked out, he is loving it. Well he should! He has me to live with!!
gig.gif

And, our son will be out by the end of the summer. That will be a bit strange. At least he is gone a lot with work, dates, and church activities. That seems to be like a weaning type of thing. :) But, have to say, this week has been getting to me. He will graduate next Wed. This was his last day of school..high school no more..my baby! I'm getting these waves of sadness, knowing he will be gone this year.
My Pencil is buds with the black girl I posted up there..they are always together!
Sprinkler valves? Do you do sprinkler heads? Come to my house..I have like three of those crazy things that need to be fixed!! Poor Scott has been busy with other things, yes, there is work after work..lol..but he has been busy doing things with our trucks and car. (plus my honey do list helps keep him busy)

Lisa, yes, that's the girl. She is finally getting a comb, and, it's turning pink. It's been so black! Flat, and black. She went through the..where in the heck did those puffy cheeks go, to this. Plus, her neck is real puffy. I have seen those in pictures..but never had one. Really pretty. That would be nice if she laid a blue egg. Love you too lady bug! I can see your smile at this very moment. Beautiful smile.

Back
Top Bottom