Utah!

Oh wow yes my 2nd Houdan is a boy lol I went out to check on the babies tonight to make sure the big hens were playing nice, and I pulled the feathers back on the bridge of his nose and wow BEET RED. And more pointy feathers than ever on his head. He is so mellow and mild tempered it still surprises me, even thought the feathering seemed different and I have been so suspicious...I am sure this is a boy now. The other ones' crest is getting really round , but the boys' are going all different directions.

Lilwanis, let me know if you want dibs on him, I could bring him down on our next trip to SLC or send him on the chicken train :) If you are not interested, I will try the chickenstock thread and see if anyone likes him and I can take him there on May 4. Dang it. He is really cute, will post a pic tomorrow.

So far so good on the rest **knocks on wood**......

Sundance, will pm you about tomorrow....

sundance, do you have one more friendly leghorn than the other? How old are they? I could maybe take a leghorn.

Yes i will take you RIR bantam hen! Maybe i could start my own little RIR flock. That would be so neat looking running around the yard. Of coarse i will need to re home some of my older hens. I have 4 i have been thinking about.

Alas, I forgot about that banty! She's gorgeous. I mean it. If I kept bantams, I would snatch her up.

Sundance, I am so sorry to hear that you have been sick and that you need to get rid of your chickens :hugs I seem to have put myself over the limit with more chicks and eggs coming.

Casa, I am going to hold off on your houdan boy. I am having second thoughts about the breed I general, so I don't want to add a boy until I figure out some more logistics.

I moved my bigger chicks outside yesterday and last night was their first night out. They did fine. I also decided that the SBEL'S were big enough to join them, so I added them in. They didn't mix so well and one has a big gash above its eye. Poor little. They both came and huddled in my lap when I opened the mini coop. So they are in their own brooder for now. Is neosporin ok to use on chickens?

My roo count: 2 ams, 1? Houdan, 2? SBEL'S, 2 of three EE's. no idea on the marans chicks yet, but with my current luck.

I took some videos late last night of my chicks attacking plastic action figures. A little chicken, a Longhorn bull, and Batman. So much entertainment. XD

Leaving in half an hour... Luckily, my family has been supportive in taking care of my birds while I'm gone. Hope everything goes well... :c

Last edited:
Good news, my neighbor is building a bigger coop and offered to me her coop she bought last year, yay! I am excited, we are going to use it for the SG and a few of my Polish. So instead of expanding the run/coops we already have, we will add a little run to this one and put it in another spot. So excited. My DH said the existing run could not get bigger or we would need a new address for it lol. Does this mean I can have more chickens? :drool O boy.

Check out my egg today, wow! I put it next to a store size L for comparison. I like it!

From the side (the end of the egg)

This gal just got her mojo back.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom