Utah!

I'm officially a chicken mama. I couldn't find any meaty chickens, so I got 3 buff orps, 3 road island red and 3 brown leghorns. They will take longer to grow out which puts me in imminent danger of falling in love.
[/IMG][/IMG]

I'm going to be hatching some dark Cornish/duel purpose chicks towards the end of March. But I think you'll love the chicks you got too.

goodpost.gif
woot.gif
Good for you. You will enjoy them a great deal I am sure.

RJ

X's 2! No eating the ones you fall in love with.
big_smile.png
Those little chicks will grow into big chickens, that will come running when they see your face. Hear your voice. They will talk sweet little chicken cluck talk to you, and will beg for treats like a puppy dog. You will not be hungry for chicken noodle soup from your sweet chicken girls. Nope.

Hey friends, is anyone going to get chicks from IFA? I need 2 polish and 2 red turkin. pullets The catch is that I won't be home until mid April. If anyone will raise them for me I'll pay for them and their food. I'm afraid I won't be home in time to get them. I want red or white turkins as black does not do so well here in Arisona. For out newbies I live in Arizona in winter and Utah in Summer. I bring all my chickens with me to Arizona as well as my horse. They are all thriving. Its 85 degrees here today and gas is 135 per gallon

Would you be interested in a SG?

Looking to be a boy..not sure if you would want a boy?

Are you looking for a specific breed? A barnyard mix? Shipped eggs are a trial for the most seasoned veteran. I think you will do much better with local eggs.

I work at Thanksgiving point and would be glad to give you some barnyard mix eggs. I have a BCM roo over sexlinks, lavender wyandottes, and a few other breeds. I would be glad to give them to you for free.

A barnyard mix would be perfect! My incubator shows up on Thursday, so we were thinking of starting the eggs next Monday. I live in Orem, and can come up most afternoons, or meet you somewhere at another time, which ever would work for you.

If I wanted to set them on Monday (I will be out of town the rest of the week next week) should I come by this Friday or Saturday? Whatever would work for you. How long can they sit before I need to icubate them? Will they be ok over the weekend?

Thanks so much!

I'm going to be hatching some dark Cornish/duel purpose chicks towards the end of March. But I think you'll love the chicks you got too.

I think I would be very interested ;-) That is a whole month away. These should be out of the brooder by then and into their pen, so I could start a new batch of babies

OMG: CHICKEN MATH IN ACTION

Thanks RJ & Cynthia I really don't know what to do with them now. I guess I will learn. I don't really know anything about raising chickens. Im reading up a bit each day, in the forums. They are fed and warm and comfortable currently.
I don't know when they need a perch, if they need a perch, what that perch should look like. What is a poop board and why do I want one, Are they supposed to live in a tractor, or a coop?
So very many stupid questions. I guess I should buy a book.

***and they are ALL still alive this morning! Yea me!!

Has anyone on here done caponing to their boys? Im just curious as to the results. I was reading a thread on this forum and it looks so easy. LOL! I know surgery on birds is never easy.

Last edited:
Babies are so darn adorable
it looks like a couple have some poop sticking to their butts. Can it take care of itself or do I have to bathe them?

Babies are so darn adorable
it looks like a couple have some poop sticking to their butts. Can it take care of itself or do I have to bathe them?

I've never caponized a cockerel, but I've been curious about it. Maybe someday I'll try it.

If my chicks get a little "Klingons" going on, I try to get the little clump of poop wet and work it out of their feathers. But you won't want to fully submerge them or anything like that or they will get chilled.

I've never caponized a cockerel, but I've been curious about it. Maybe someday I'll try it.

If my chicks get a little "Klingons" going on, I try to get the little clump of poop wet and work it out of their feathers. But you won't want to fully submerge them or anything like that or they will get chilled.
I wet down their little behinds and got some of it out, I trimmed the butt fuzz. toweled them off and put them under the light. They are doing fine. They have made it the first 24 hours, yeah! I put all kinds of branches in there and things to climb on and in, they love that. I am starting them on fermented feed and they like that too. They drink the liquid in that more than the water in their dish. so I added ACV to their water, now they like that too. I had forgotten about ACV. I was religious about it with my ducks.

I wet down their little behinds and got some of it out, I trimmed the butt fuzz. toweled them off and put them under the light. They are doing fine.  They have made it the first 24 hours, yeah!   I put all kinds of branches in there and things to climb on and in, they love that.  I am starting them on fermented feed and they like that too.  They drink the liquid in that more than the water in their dish. so I added ACV to their water, now they like that too.  I had forgotten about ACV. I was religious about it with my ducks.  

Sounds like you're a pro!

Back
Top Bottom