Utah!

Hi Diana! You don't have seramas Any more? We have been pretty warm here, but the cold is coming! Ok just for fun..yell me when you see it..hint..it's hiding.

Hi Diana! You don't have seramas Any more? We have been pretty warm here, but the cold is coming! Ok just for fun..yell me when you see it..hint..it's hiding.

I thought this was a clump of snow but now I can see that this is a chicken with her head tucked---but can't tell what is going on with the little red things poking out, lol is it little red comb tips?

Last edited:
hey all. hope all is well with you all. a few of my girls think a metal feed can is a good place to sleep. i move them of course. i would think being on the cold metal would be too cold. of course some of these are ones to sleep in the run most of the year and would do it now i am sure if i gave them the option. crazy girls. and i think my brahma is going broody :)

hey all. hope all is well with you all. a few of my girls think a metal feed can is a good place to sleep. i move them of course. i would think being on the cold metal would be too cold. of course some of these are ones to sleep in the run most of the year and would do it now i am sure if i gave them the option. crazy girls. and i think my brahma is going broody :)

Hey Brad how's it going? So far so good with the cold? I lost one last week----her foot got caught in the chicken wire and she was frozen in the morning. :( The rest have been good.....despite lots of water/rain that froze and there was some puddles/standing water in the run. It's even covered! It blew in from the side. Hopefully no more of that :D The silkie feet don't hold up well when the ground gets wet, I keep adding hay in there to help but there's a lot of mud clumped little toes I have to keep working on.

Hope everybody has a great Holiday! And ya'll stay warm :fl

I lost my show barn here in Mesa so I sold all my Seramas. I have looked and looked but these old lady eyes cant see whats hiding

My leghorn, she does have her head tucked..and if you look close up to the top right side...you will see her little points of her comb sticking out. :)

hey all. hope all is well with you all. a few of my girls think a metal feed can is a good place to sleep. i move them of course. i would think being on the cold metal would be too cold. of course some of these are ones to sleep in the run most of the year and would do it now i am sure if i gave them the option. crazy girls. and i think my brahma is going broody
smile.png

Hi Brad! Pleeeze, don't tell me that they can go broody in the winter. That means I can expect Uggums to go Broody pretty quick. She lays really well for a while, then, back to broody. NOt sure what I will do with her if she does that. I'm not putting any babies out there!

Lisa, sorry about your loss. Man, I know what you mean about the snow coming in on the sides. I put tarp up on the side that is the worst. I have to walk it too to get into the run. Really helps. The wind tore a lot of tarp with that last storm. I have pieces still laying around from it..from older tarp. We did put some new on top, but some needs to be replaced on the end run. Winter, always something, and..hot hot summer...always something to keep up with.

things are going good so far here. so sorry you lost a baby lisa :(
i think i snapped the brahma out of being broody before she was fully committed. she is a funny girl. i seriously love brahmas.

so i am out in the coop tucking them in and do the count and realize my legbar is missing. i panic for a bit looking for her but then hear her talking to me and finally look up and find her here. never had one get up there before. not sure how she even did it. its about 7 feet in the air. she is a funny girl and is so much fun. i swear she was laughing at me looking for her. i just love the legbar look. they are not the best layers in my experience but those blue eggs are amazing. i bought her from someone on here but cant remember the name of the person right now.

Back
Top Bottom