Utah!

Fabulous down here in St George!

tongue.gif

Kidding with ya.. I guess we are in for some good weather............later in the week. It's coming. Slowly but surely. My tulips are coming up any ol way, right through the snow.

Sigh, does anyone know ifa's chick policy besides them not guaranteeing. Anything? I got discouraged looking for local breeder chicks so resorted to ifa. One polish died before midnight and I didn't even notice the " bantam cochin" he put in the box has bare legs.

I have not been on for a long time ..does anybody have call ducks (miniature ducks)around here I just got a bunch of eggs in the incubator going .I have never hatched them before but have heard they are very difficult. I would like any advice someone may have. and depending on the out come I may have babies available is there any interest in call ducks around here??I hear they make great pets and stay really small and come in lots of colors. the eggs are green and are the size of large bantam or small chicken.adult calls are under 2lbs and are known to be very friendly

I have not been on for a long time ..does anybody have call ducks (miniature ducks)around here I just got a bunch of eggs in the incubator going .I have never hatched them before but have heard they are very difficult. I would like any advice someone may have. and depending on the out come I may have babies available is there any interest in call ducks around here??I hear they make great pets and stay really small and come in lots of colors. the eggs are green and are the size of large bantam or small chicken.adult calls are under 2lbs and are known to be very friendly

I don't know about hatching them, but my brother has a pair mixed right in with his flock (Muscovies, turkeys, and chickens) and they are great little birds. At the end of the night it's the little drake call duck that helps to herd all the other birds into the coop at night! He loves them and is hoping the female will go broody this year and hatch some more out.

I'm baaaaaaaaack! I'm sorry I ghosted. It's just not as interesting when I can't do all of my mad scientist breeding stuff, and only can have six hens. I still have the six I whittled down to when I moved two years ago. (2 FBCM, 2 OE, 1 EE and 1 always broody silkie)

I have a friend who lives in Kuwait who wants to try their hand at orpingtons. His wife is visiting their daughter at Utah State and willing to carry fertile eggs home. Anyone have fertile orpington eggs? He also loves the look of any of the laced wyandottes.

Last edited:
I'm baaaaaaaaack! I'm sorry I ghosted. It's just not as interesting when I can't do all of my mad scientist breeding stuff, and only can have six hens. I still have the six I whittled down to when I moved two years ago. (2 FBCM, 2 OE, 1 EE and 1 always broody silkie)

I have a friend who lives in Kuwait who wants to try their hand at orpingtons. His wife is visiting their daughter at Utah State and willing to carry fertile eggs home. Anyone have fertile orpington eggs? He also loves the look of any of the laced wyandottes.
my goodness its nice to hear from you. Still in arizona Ill be home soon

Miss you Sundancenbare! You used to accidentally call me nearly every day. I miss hearing from you! Please call me (for real) when you get back so we can visit!

Yay! Good girl :) I remember how much personality she showed when I came to visit. I love how spoiled your girls are. Such happy girls.

Well, we did it. We got three little BR babies today from Cal Ranch and I cleaned out the big coop for the preteens (which DH raccoon proofed for me) And of course I forgot to get another heat bulb while we were at the store. Oh well. DH needs to get a part at TSC, so I'll get bulbs there. Here is hoping that the majority of our raccoon and predator problems are behind us, at least for a while!
thank you so much. i try to treat them well

Back
Top Bottom