Utah!

@kat66 , The babies are doing really well... Little Frazzle we named Drumstick and are pretty sure it's a roo, but he will always have a home with us no matter where we go! Thank you so very much, they are becoming very sweet with daily handling!

I'm actually going to hatch again. I bought off of ebay. Not local, but I want some good egg layers to start in the spring, not buy them at the feed store and have to wait. I looked and looked for some red sex link chicks...expensive! So, back to hatching. Now, we don't count our chicks before they hatch, but just in case I do get a good hatch out of 18....coming from GA...would anyone be interested in a red sex link or two? I've ordered from this guy a few times, interesting that I get a great hatch at times, and not so good other times....and yes, it's because of shipping. You can tell right away if there are broken air cells. His eggs are fertile, when I open the ones with the broken cells, the eggs are fertile. So, hoping shipping goes well this time. :fl

does ifa typically sell vaccinated chicks? with fowl pox going around i am wondering how many of my girls could of been vaccinated for it

Unfortunately most of the chicks you find in feed store/retail stores are NOT vaccinated for anything.... your best bet for actual verification would be to contact the store selling the chicks, but most of the time, the employees really don't know what is going on with the chicks... or at least that has been my findings down here in St George... Sorry, I wish I could help more...

The chicks I ordered from Cackle Hatchery earlier in the year I had to pay an extra fee to have them vaccinated for Mereks, but that was the only vaccine that they offered...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom