Vaccinated Chickens Transmit Marek's Virus and Can Kill Your Unvaccinated Chickens.

I got the vaccinated chicks as day old chicks from Meyer hatchery online. I won’t rehome anyone.
Then I highly doubt they had Marek’s. Chicks from large hatcheries like Meyer are completely isolated from other birds except for the other ones they hatch with. The Marek’s vaccine does not give chickens Marek’s, but it also doesn’t prevent them from later getting the disease and spreading it. Unfortunately, your flock probably already carried it and the stress of the new chicks brought it to the surface.

Then I highly doubt they had Marek’s. Chicks from large hatcheries like Meyer are completely isolated from other birds except for the other ones they hatch with. The Marek’s vaccine does not give chickens Marek’s, but it also doesn’t prevent them from later getting the disease and spreading it. Unfortunately, your flock probably already carried it and the stress of the new chicks brought it to the surface.
Ok then I’ve been wondering if it’s in my soil. My 2 BR hens got sick but recovered in July from an URI. I had 3 cream
Legbar pullets die suddenly but each a month apart from the other. They all just puffed up one day and died the next day. I sent the last one in for a necropsy but it was rather inconclusive. It said it was sepsis. Then this Wyandotte pullet dies of what looks like Marek’s. I didn’t send her in. I also have another pullet who’s always sleepy. We just moved here in July. Is there anyway to test my soil?

Ok then I’ve been wondering if it’s in my soil. My 2 BR hens got sick but recovered in July from an URI. I had 3 cream
Legbar pullets die suddenly but each a month apart from the other. They all just puffed up one day and died the next day. I sent the last one in for a necropsy but it was rather inconclusive. It said it was sepsis. Then this Wyandotte pullet dies of what looks like Marek’s. I didn’t send her in. I also have another pullet who’s always sleepy. We just moved here in July. Is there anyway to test my soil?
I don’t know. However, it is true that Marek’s can remain in the soil for years, if it is Marek’s.

Following this thread. I try to avoid vaccinated chickens but made an impulse buy at the feed store. The day old chicks were from Jinks harchery and they vaccinate all chicks. Now Im worried.
The vaccine just pisses me off. Its like the one Gates introduced to Africa. He offered the vaccine but most couldn't afford it. Their chickens were adapted to their hot environment and doing great. Sadly, his product created a super bug and killed them all. He decimated the African chicken population. Then he tried to offer the solution (buy his chickens and his vaccine). But nobody could afford it. People suffered even more, in great poverty. Finally the African government stopped encouraging people to use the vaccine and their chicken population has rebounded.

Screw that leaky vaccine that threatens our food and egg supply.

Just breaking this down to see if i have it correct
- vaccine does not give the chicks mareks but is a leaky vaccine that causes the virus to replicate and evolve into a more deadly version of the virus.
- vacinated chicks can get it and spread the most deadly version of it. They will give it to the flock and likley kill all unvaccinated chicks.
- chicks hatched from vaccinated hens can act like the vaccinated chicks and transmit the deadly strain.

So my question is, how would my flock get mareks?
- my soil is clean. No Mareks ever.
- i only introduce day old hatchery chicks or hatch eggs to the flock.
- my flock is protected from exposure to wild birds in a covered run.

https://extension.psu.edu/mareks-disease-in-chickens/

I want to add to my previous comments that I have since tested for Marek’s via a nacropsy and tested positive. To date I have lost 7 pullets. 3 unvaxed, 4 vaxed since October. Age seems to be somewhat of a deterrent as my hens around 1 year old have been fine. At this point I am waiting to see who makes it to a year old from the vaxed group. I am leaning more towards it being from the leaky vaccine. I don’t have proof that the 3 that died prior to getting the vaxed chicks had Marek’s as they did not have symptoms of that disease and I didn’t get them tested. It seems more likely to me that it came from the vaccinated group. But honestly I don’t think I will ever know for sure.

Following this thread. I try to avoid vaccinated chickens but made an impulse buy at the feed store. The day old chicks were from Jinks harchery and they vaccinate all chicks. Now Im worried.
The vaccine just pisses me off. Its like the one Gates introduced to Africa. He offered the vaccine but most couldn't afford it. Their chickens were adapted to their hot environment and doing great. Sadly, his product created a super bug and killed them all. He decimated the African chicken population. Then he tried to offer the solution (buy his chickens and his vaccine). But nobody could afford it. People suffered even more, in great poverty. Finally the African government stopped encouraging people to use the vaccine and their chicken population has rebounded.

Screw that leaky vaccine that threatens our food and egg supply.

Just breaking this down to see if i have it correct
- vaccine does not give the chicks mareks but is a leaky vaccine that causes the virus to replicate and evolve into a more deadly version of the virus.
- vacinated chicks can get it and spread the most deadly version of it. They will give it to the flock and likley kill all unvaccinated chicks.
- chicks hatched from vaccinated hens can act like the vaccinated chicks and transmit the deadly strain.

So my question is, how would my flock get mareks?
- my soil is clean. No Mareks ever.
- i only introduce day old hatchery chicks or hatch eggs to the flock.
- my flock is protected from exposure to wild birds in a covered run.

https://extension.psu.edu/mareks-disease-in-chickens/
Do you have any sources to list about this subject in your fist paragraph? Are you talking about a Mareks vaccine? Or vaccines in general. There is a lot of conspiracy stuff that gets passed along online. The Gates foundation has spent millions vaccinating kids in Africa for things like meningitis, polio, RS virus and others which kill kids worldwide. I doubt if Gates would waste time on Mareks vaccine.
https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-339899987112

In your later paragraghs, you say that getting
vaccinated chicks gave your flock Mareks? That does not happen. I have had vaccinated chicks for years, then some unvaccinated ones, then later hatched my own, and none have ever gotten Mareks. A Mareks carrier will introduce Mareks or they may get it from your environment if it is in your soil or neighbor’s soil or air particles. Hardly any feed stores will vaccinate their chicks. It would cost too much unless you order them and pay for it.

Last edited:
Do you have any sources to list about this subject in your fist paragraph? Are you talking about a Mareks vaccine? Or vaccines in general. There is a lot of conspiracy stuff that gets passed along online. The Gates foundation has spent millions vaccinating kids in Africa for things like meningitis, polio, RS virus and others which kill kids worldwide. I doubt if Gates would waste time on Mareks vaccine.
https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-339899987112

In your later paragraghs, you say that getting
vaccinated chicks gave your flock Mareks? That does not happen. I have had vaccinated chicks for years, then some unvaccinated ones, then later hatched my own, and none have ever gotten Mareks. A Mareks carrier will introduce Mareks or they may get it from your environment if it is in your soil or neighbor’s soil or air particles. Hardly any feed stores will vaccinate their chicks. It would cost too much unless you order them and pay for it.

I think there must be a misunderstanding. I never said my flock ever had mareks. I have never had a problem and dont plan to start. My flock is a closed flock. No other birds have access or live within blocks of us. We dont visit hatcheries or other areas with birds.

The chickens Gates sent to africa were all vacinated and caused the same issues as we are seeing here. They killed the native African chicken population by transmitting a deadlier version of the bird flu.
This should not be so hard to believe because we are seeing it unfold here - with our own eyes.

It also shouldnt be a surprise the news has not reported it when his corporation owns all the major news outlets. Someone has taken a page from the Hurst playbook and owns media to manage the message. Hurst had a great business model, if you print it, it becomes a fact that serves your agenda. If you dont report it then it didnt happen.

2015 Gates sent 100,000 vaccinated chickens to Africa.

2016 the birdflu wiped out the indigenous population of disease resistant African chickens. Gates offered to solve the problem by selling them …. More vaccines.

https://www.fao.org/3/i6348e/i6348e.pdf

Gates funds birdflu gain of function studies:https://organicconsumers.org/is-bird-flu-being-weaponized/

US poultry suffering from vaccine induced super virus. https://www.pbs.org/newshour/science/tthis-chicken-vaccine-makes-virus-dangerous

Its buried but its there. I had to use a VPN with African servers to allow me to find these links. They WONT come up with google.

Hope this helps some to see the depth and level of coordination. Its not conspiracy. Its fact. Just try to google it. Then search with a vpn on duck duck go.

Sounds like more conspiracy theories being spread. If you your news from multiple respected sources, you may get a more fair view of

What news sources do you respect and why? Who owns them? Can you discredit the deaths of so many disease resistant chickens in africa just one year after gates send them vaccinated chickens? Additionally they died of the exact same disease he got in trouble for funding gain of function on and making it more deadly and transmissible? You want us to only trust the news over the people living the experience? That isnt logical. Not when we know the companies committing the harm also own the news. Like the fox guarding the hen house.

I want to add to my previous comments that I have since tested for Marek’s via a nacropsy and tested positive. To date I have lost 7 pullets. 3 unvaxed, 4 vaxed since October. Age seems to be somewhat of a deterrent as my hens around 1 year old have been fine. At this point I am waiting to see who makes it to a year old from the vaxed group. I am leaning more towards it being from the leaky vaccine. I don’t have proof that the 3 that died prior to getting the vaxed chicks had Marek’s as they did not have symptoms of that disease and I didn’t get them tested. It seems more likely to me that it came from the vaccinated group. But honestly I don’t think I will ever know for sure.
I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. That is heartbreaking.
What will you do going forward? Will you be forced to use that leaky vaccine for all future birds on your property?

Back
Top Bottom