Vaccinations – My Research And How To Go About Vaccinating A Backyard Flock

Thanks! you know I will drive u nuts with questions
lau.gif

I guess I need to check on what the turkeys should get if they hatch (only 3 of them) and button quail. or if needed since turks will be holiday meals after their um time.

So if my CCL hatch (the very last of my own chicks to stay) I will begin that schedule above at 2 weeks of age and do everyone at the same time.
These are once and done vaccines? no boosters and never needed again unless I keep chicks.

Did you find all strains of these vaccines? Jeffers only has the two is that sufficient, and do I need to order a cooler and dry ice to get it shipped to me?

going off the CCL age

2 weeks Newcastle Disease ("B-1 Type -B-1 Strain")and Infectious Bronchitis Massachusetts-Connecticut Strain
7 weeks Newcastle Disease Lasota (B-1 Type Lasota) and Infectious Bronchitis (Regular Holland Strain)
15 weeks Newcastle Disease Lasota (B-1 Type Lasota) and Infectious Bronchitis (Hollan Mild Strain)

when should I throw in the Mareks Disease (MD) vaccine and how will you do this, shot?

did you find a cheaper supplier? I am wondering if I can order all of them and they will keep in the fridge until the use date?

Thanks OZ
I have not found a cheaper supplier.

They advertise the expiration date of the vaccine on their web site so you can decide if you want to order more than one round. it store in the fridge.

You ideally should re-boost your flock with NCD every 3 months - alternating strains.

Mareks is by injection. Start with the new chicks on on day 1 and do all your birds.

Yes that's right Sally Sunshine. One shot under the skin in the back of the necks in the first 24 hours of life and that's if. The do suggest keeping them from exposed birds for as long as possible to allow the vaccine to 'take'. Not a problem if your raising them in your brooder, a bit hard if you have it in your flock but want to let a broody be a mum.

Back
Top Bottom