Valentine Flowers, $60.00 a dozen here yesterday.

My Hubby, used to buy me flowers, and a big stuffy..
Now we have children, so money is tight

I told him, I wanted a card, with his handwriting, that says what he feels.
He's card say's " I love you so much, Thank-you for all you do
Love him/Kids ect.
I'm really happy with that... That's all one could expect.. He work's over 60 hours, plus commute,, He's words say it all

With that being said, flowers, are now on sale... I will be buying myself, whatever, I think is pretty, and on sale!! It may be flowers/ or a potted plant... What ever strikes my fancy, that's $20 or cheaper..

We still don't have a lot of extra money... But this will be my treat to myself. That I know, if he had the time, he would've got me. But now it's on sale :)

When I was a young'un my boyfriend gave me a Valentine that read" Good thing we have each other." open up to "Nobody else wants us." Hey speak for yourself right, relationship took an ughly turn after that. He wasn't jokin either.

In my experience Valentines decline with age. It is the law of diminishing returns. Many, many years ago, when I was newly married, my husband always bought me flowers and delicious handmade chocolates on Valentines day. Then our family came along and money didn't run to those sort of treats anymore. I would make a special meal for all of us, and he would buy a cheap bottle of wine. Now the family are parents themselves we can afford the flowers and chocolates, but we seem somehow to have grown out of wanting things. A nice cup of tea and a chocolate biscuit fits the bill these days. Grown ups at long last!

I received a nice fresh pair of

And a matching car battery to go with them.

I received 2 boxes of Girl Scout cookies!

I haven't gotten Girl Scout cookies from him for years! (I gave him a box of Ghiardelli chocolates and cooked him some salmon and rice so he was a happy camper too!)
We are not so focused on ourselves now that we have chillins.

Back
Top Bottom