valley quial deaths

Pavo Royale

Songster
10 Years
Jul 6, 2009
Gainesville, GA
Yep, I did it. I killed all 13 of my valleys. They were kept in four different places (some down the street), all died with no apparent symptoms, they died in lots of two or three, and were not all the same age or from the same source. I fed them game bird starter and conditioner, they had clean water, and were kept dry. Some were even in the house! To top it off, one was in a pen with three bobwhites. They are fine. He is dead. What the heck? I still have Gambel's that are fine...for now.

Last edited:
Dang Pavo, Sorry To Hear That. All I Can Tell You Is That They Way More Frail Than Bobs... Without Any Symptoms Its Virtually Impossible To Tell....

That Would Be 1 Of The Most Likely Sources... Did You Handle All Of Them? If So It Could Still Be A Pathogen (germ) Using You As A Mode Of Transmission... Or It Could Be Something That Has Taken Up Residence In Your Equipment And They Are Coming Into Contact With It That Way... The Possibilities Are Actually Quite Numerous If You Really Look. It Sux Because Even If You Find It Your Stock Is All Gone... Sorry For Man, I've Been There.

I Recently Talked To A Friend Who Lost A Bunch And Even Tho They Were On Turkey Starter Feed The Post Mortem Said Protien Deficiency---

For What Its Worth, Sometimes We Just Never Get An Answer That Makes Sense...

The 1 In With The Bobs I Could Understand--- Bobs Are The Junkyard Dogs Of Quail--- So Mean They Dont Even Like Themselves, I Could See Bobs Bullying A Valley, Keeping It Away From The Food Etc... But Thats Not The Case Here, So All We Can Do Now Is Speculate Unless You Have A Body Left Then You Could Send It For A Post Mortem.. Otherwise Everything From Here On Is Purely A Shot In The Dark Guess... Sorry Dude

One Thing You Can Do Is Nuke Everything!!!!! I Mean Pens, Feeders, Waterers, Brooders, Bators, Boots, You Name It--- If It's Used On The Birds Or Comes Into Contact With Them Nuke It! 10% Bleach And Water Solution--- Soak For 30 Minutes--- Kills All Known Pathogens.

I Know Its A Pain In The Butt, But Its Better Than Not Treating And Then Loosing Bobs And Gambels...

And peafowl and pheasants and chickens and dogs and cats (or maybe not the cats) and children! This has been happening for two weeks and nothing else has been affected. But, look what is at stake! You got about 12 hours to buy stock in chlorox. Their business is about to boon!

Quote:
LOL I GET IT! IF I OWNED STOCK I COULD GUARENTEE AT LEAST A CERTAIN RETURN ON MY INVESTMENT JUST BY THE AMOUNT I USE ON A WEEKLY BASIS..... IF IT HELPS USE POOL CHLORINE--- IT'S CHEAPER. JUST ADD 1/4 CUP TO A 5 GALLON BUCKET OF WATER....---- OH FORGOT TO MENTION, IF USING POOL CHLORINE ADD THE CHLORINE TO THE WATER, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND!!!! BAD THINGS CAN HAPPEN.

Last edited:
Ps Do The Cats Too...... If Nothin Else You'll Be The Only Ones On Your Block With Bleach Blonde Cats--- Heck Who Knows You Be Trend Setters In Your Nieghborhood!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom