Value of pullet and guinea hens

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by brandywine, Aug 15, 2010.

1. brandywine

brandywine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    Western PA
    Not sure where the right place to post this question might be, but since the occasion was my neighbor's Jack Russell terrorist, I'll try here.

I have the photos and some of the bodies.

What would you consider fair market value for:

1) An easter-egger pullet about three weeks from laying age -- from a highly productive laying hen and a purebred Ameraucana rooster?

2) A fourteen week-old French guinea hen? (One found hiding in pasture torn up, two more still MIA)

If it makes a difference, I do sell eggs @ $3.50/dozen, and the Ameraucana eggs in each carton are a big selling point.

2. ChickenCop

ChickenCop Chillin' With My Peeps

If you look at what your getting per dozen and how many eggs you would have gotten, I wouldnt be hesitant to at the very least ask for 15 bucks for each bird you lost. You can possibly find replacements for that price without worry.

3. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    20$ a bird! that includes sentimental value hidden- [​IMG] sorry about your birds

4. mburpo

mburpo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2010
    Paragon, IN
    Don't forget to charge them for ammo you need to buy for the next time the dog visits. [​IMG]

5. brandywine

brandywine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    Western PA
    I asked about fair market value for specific birds.

I did not solicit advice for initiating a range war with my neighbors by gleefully murdering their dog.

If you enjoy living in a state of simmering angry conflict with others in your community, well, that's your choice.

I try to have slightly different relations with the people who surround me, and who staff the fire engines, snow plows, ambulances, and a police cruisers of my community.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by