Vampires??? This was in my news today...

I'll stick with getting bothered about what I want to get bothered about, thanks ever so much.

I've worked with homeless people for many decades and their issues are very important to me, and that is entirely ok. I don't need to switch my interests to match yours.

This is a 69 year old sick old man, a wheelchair bound man who got bitten all over the face and disfigured and may not even heal up or recover, and was probably where he was because there isn't anywhere else for him to be. He's someone's son, someone's brother, and probably someone's father. I feel that what happened to him is awful, and important, and a lot more important than some doped up drunk who says she's a vampire. And I think the old guy deserves just a modicum of respect and concern.

And I think a lot of the responses here are infantile to juvenile, callous, insensitive, and uncaring.

Last edited:
Quote:
And you have a right to your own opinion.....but you may wish to follow your own leanings on this one:

I don't need to switch my interests to match yours.

Neither do the people who are responding in a humorous way need to switch their interests to match your own. Your feelings are your own and shouldn't be inflicted on others, as you so eloquently put it in your post.

Hint: Could be why your questions don't get answered to your satisfaction on BYC. Too bristly, too quick to jump to conclusions, too quick to get offended.

Back
Top Bottom