Variety. The spice of Life.

pr0wlunwoof

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 12, 2014
I am referred to as King DIY in the neighborhood. My latest venture, Chickens. I have to admit I went into this current venture half cocked. Meaning I went to the local tractor supply to get my propane tanks filled and somehow wound up buying 6 chicks, feeder, waterier, and bedding.

Now 3 weeks later I have a very nice custom built coop and 12 chickens total. I have 4 Cornish Rocks(didn't realize they were eating chickens when I bought them), 3 Road Island Reds, 3 Americanas, 1 Bard Rock, and 1 Mixed Bantam. It has been allot of work to this point, but I think the maintenance on my coop should be fairly easy. I have purchased a 17lb feeder and am building a waterer from a 5 gallon bucket pvc and chicken nipples.

I will upload some photos of the finished coop. In the process of staining it this week. Hopefully the temps get a little warmer and I can put them in around the 22nd of this month.

images

Very nice work! And cute babies as well!

Enjoy all your poultry adventures and welcome to BYC!

Thanks TwoCrows. It has been allot of blood and sweat, but it looks totally awesome. I work in IT so getting my hands dirty is refreshing. At some point if I can run power out to the edge of the property I might just put in a couple chicken cams and host them on the web.

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Nice looking coop, the chicks should be right at home there!

Back
Top Bottom