Varmint guns

Quote:
The paint ball guns are one of the best deterrents for dogs.....the owner cannot mistake the fact that the dog has been marked by someone and it's fair notice that his dogs are getting into places they should not be in. If they are difficult to see at night, get a small inexpensive laser sight for them.
After a couple of times and if they continue coming in your yard, catch them up and call the humane society, after a couple of $100 bills to bail them out they owners usually get a bit more careful with their animals.

Last edited:
I have too many to list.. and am proficient with all of them.. My go to predator guns are a 16 guage double barrel, for a disturbance outside. My .22 magnum for shooting from house to outside of coop and run or my or my .209 Ruger for long distnce picking off!!!!As this post was started, I agree with the original sentiment.......one has the right to protect their livestock from predators!!!

wink.png
Ya have to keep an eye out there all the time. Yes you do have a right to protect them, most folks just can't get that thru their heads.

Here is my predator gun...

42454_870pmax.jpg

I don't have to use it much due to the high powered electric fence around the run. If a dog or other predator is outside the run harassing my birds, it is dealt with right then. If they are just snooping, the fence takes care of the problem rather quickly, and I don't see them anymore. The neighbors know I will not put up with their dogs on my property messing with my family or my animals.

I did have to dispatch a fox earlier this year due to her thinking that it was a good idea to come at me standing on her hind legs. I never seen anything like this before in my life. I wasn't worried about her getting into the run, it was a personal safety issue.

I have a mossberg 12 gauge, loaded with 3" magnum shells with #4 pellets. It has taken everything from rats to large coons. I keep it down stairs so if I see something outside that doesn't belong it is right there.
I also can use the 22 mag for long shots on groundhogs in the food plot or if need be coyotes, but that has yet to happen. I just like the 12 gauge for "emergencies."

I have an ION XE.For those who dont know what it is its a paintball gun.I play paintball alot so I have a good gun.Shoots 17 bps(balls per second).I have become a decent shot shooting my friends with it so any dog who dares steppin in my property gets it
smile.png
.A month ago I killed a coon with my pellet gun it came running across the yard in broad daylight after my chickens.Shot it twice then it died.

Back
Top Bottom