Vegans of BYC, do you eat your poultry's eggs? (Genuinely curious)

black_cat

♥♥Lover of Leghorns♥♥
May 21, 2020
Connecticut
Is there anyone here that eats a vegan diet but still eats their poultry's eggs? Is it considered OK if you're not propping up/supporting commercial egg farms, or is it still bad? Does anyone have conditions like they'll only buy birds from breeders to not support hatcheries? Or is it completely about eating the eggs? This is coming from a place of genuine curiosity, not criticism of anyone or their eating choices.

Some vegetarians eat eggs. Vegans do not eat any meat or products from animals. Some even do not use honey or any leather products.😊
Ah, ok! I wasn't sure because from what I've been reading about veganism, a lot of people do it to not prop up the commercial dairy/meat/egg/inhumane treatment of animals industry, so I had been wondering if you have eggs from a humane source (your pets) people would eat them? Or maybe I'm just looking stuff from the wrong sources lol

She sounds like an exception. Most vegans I know (I am vegetarian myself) are kind and caring people. But then just because someone makes certain food choices, it does not mean they can't be a whole bunch of other things, too. 😊
Oh yeah, definitely. If I sounded like I was making generalizations, sorry about that.

Back
Top Bottom