Vegans of BYC!!

Pics
I’m not vegan, but I’m vegetarian and dairy-free. Almost the same. It’s never been a choice for me. My parents raised me vegetarian, and I’m lactose intolerant. I could start eating meat, but I’ve spent way too long at farms, and I’m not sure I could bear it.
I was born vegan and have been for my entire life. I totally agree, for me, even the sight of meat causes me to gag, the smell, sight, anything, instant nausea.

I have had people tell me i’m being dramatic but it is very real to develop a thing called food aversion towards certain foods. I only have it towards asparagus and meat, very random, but i think the meat is due to growing up not eating it (to this day, have never tried it.) That is a huge reason why i don’t eat it, but also, i feel bad for animals a lot and when you know the story behind where some of it comes from it makes it worse. I feel less bad if it is locally harvested though and its done humanely.

I’m sure you may have different, or shared reasons but those are mine!

Last edited:
It has no dairy in it, so it's fake ice cream

Yeah. I'm not a fan of their other foods, and smoothies are a hit or miss, so I might end up stopping my orders after summer ends (can't order in the summer anyways)
You could also say substitute or dairy free, not that it is bad to say that, but it may be confusing to some. (When you first said it i pictured it being artificial or not natural, probably just me, brain fart maybe.) Whatever you prefer to describe it as though!

Hey I think I recognise that youtuber!
I NEED that board he used, for my homemade gnocchi!
They turn out very uneven and misshapen every time 😂
He was (is?) Doing a series where he doubles the amount of egg yolks each time when making pasta. Last I saw was like 1048? Hence why he used all your eggs and you need to use none for your pasta

He was (is?) Doing a series where he doubles the amount of egg yolks each time when making pasta. Last I saw was like 1048? Hence why he used all your eggs and you need to use none for your pasta
Yep! That is the guy I was thinking of then
"If you don't have any eggs, because I've used them all" 😂

Hello! I'm vegetarian and I'm glad there is a thread here for us! I find it hard to meet other people who are vegan/vegetarian anywhere and I am vegetarian because I respect all of God's creatures and know that each one of them matters, and their lives are God's to take. I really like this website called freefromharm.org which is a farm animal advocacy. I disagree with some of the comments on there but the majority is very true information. :woot 💚

Hello! I'm vegetarian and I'm glad there is a thread here for us! I find it hard to meet other people who are vegan/vegetarian anywhere and I am vegetarian because I respect all of God's creatures and know that each one of them matters, and their lives are God's to take. I really like this website called freefromharm.org which is a farm animal advocacy. I disagree with some of the comments on there but the majority is very true information. :woot 💚

Welcome to our unofficial corner! 🤩

Back
Top Bottom