Vent about Customer Service!!! Semi-Long Post

I have to compliment a customer service rep for Peoplepc who is in the Phillipines. I understood him and he understood me very well. I even complimented him on it. There are some that are great, but more often than not, they are not very good.

Apparently there is a Bollywood (Indian Hollywood) movie coming out soon called "One Night at the Call Center," where Indian college grads complain about having to listen to rude Americans, based on a book that is a true story.

I skimmed the book, out of curiosity, and nearly died of laughter at this quote from the author:

"I was shocked to see professionally qualified journalists and bankers working at call centers. Do you think an American graduate will ever take up a job like this?"

YES, YOU FOOL! Of my American friends who have worked at call centers doing exactly this work before it was outsourced:

-MS in Anthropology
-BA in History
-BA in Journalism
-BFA in Graphic design
-Ph. D. in English Lit.
-MA in Philosophy
-BA in Philosophy
-BA in Computer Science

And they felt exactly the same way about their callers. There's a job shortage everywhere, friend.​

I actually have had excellent customer service from Dell's India call center.

Yes, it is annoying that they are hard to understand sometimes, but, I make an effort to do so and they have good information and FIXED MY COMPUTER!!!

I agree that Dell does do a good job even though they outsourced.As far as the long wait times, push the button for Spanish callers. All Spanish speaking reps are bilingual and they will help you.

Rosalind said:
Apparently there is a Bollywood (Indian Hollywood) movie coming out soon called "One Night at the Call Center," where Indian college grads complain about having to listen to rude Americans, based on a book that is a true story.

I skimmed the book, out of curiosity, and nearly died of laughter at this quote from the author:

"I was shocked to see professionally qualified journalists and bankers working at call centers. Do you think an American graduate will ever take up a job like this?"

YES, YOU FOOL! Of my American friends who have worked at call centers doing exactly this work before it was outsourced:

-MS in Anthropology
-BA in History
-BA in Journalism
-BFA in Graphic design
-Ph. D. in English Lit.
-MA in Philosophy
-BA in Philosophy
-BA in Computer Science

And they felt exactly the same way about their callers. There's a job shortage everywhere, friend.

So True!!!!! You know all those people in India wouldn't have a job if the US hadn't developed the software (MicroSoft) computers run on and the economy that allows the average person to own one. I'm certainly glad to know how much they appreciate our business. The more we tolerate the more they expect it seems.
Just a note to all of you that put up with the language differences that should also tell you how much they appreciate you. They are making a comedy about you.

:thun Outsourcing just ticks me off... that and letting truck drivers from another country haul loads here thereby putting our drivers out of a job.

chel

Lucky's a swabbie now? LOL

I've been in retail for over 30 years and that "Customer is Always Right" is stupid!

Sure, I'll sell you a "NemoFish" to put in your community tank.

No, snakes don't need to be heated...and you don't even need to thaw their food...

A goldfish can live for 100 years in that little fishbowl without a filter.

Sure, two male hamsters won't fight.

You guys are ALWAYS RIGHT, so don't bother listening to me...I don't know anything. I just take care of all of the animals and know how they are and how to take care of them and you just bring in a care sheet and say I want that ONE...

I was helping my sister and her friend set up their new cell phones...it was one of those prepaid jobbers and dangit, we got transferred to Bollywood...we had to repeat things 3 and 4 times before they got it right...At least the girl on the other end of the line was very polite, but jeeze...It took almost an hour to do 2 phones.

Quote:
lau.gif
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom