1. 2dancingrats

2dancingrats Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2009
    Bay City, Michigan
    Should I put the monostat inside her vent? Should I be throwing her eggs away? If yes, for how long?
    Thanks.

2. tammye

tammye Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    NH
    I believe so since that is where the yeast are, but never had this problem so far from the expert. But when a women gets that problem it goes inside the vagina, their vent is like a vagina. I have read to feed them yogurt, once again, just like humans, yogurt helps to reduce yeast and it is a cheap fix and they like it

3. tammye

tammye Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    NH
    sorry forgot to add: I think you can eat the eggs just wash them so no medication remains on them, it should not get inside the egg it will only get on the outside while it passes through the vent

4. 2dancingrats

2dancingrats Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2009
    Bay City, Michigan
    Quote:Well, tried the yogurt. Big hit with the chickens! The geese and the cat all had a go at it too! Not so much luck with the Monostat. She was more than happy to let me administer it. She even squatted for me. But as soon as it went in she forced it back out. Not sure how much, if any, stayed in. I only used a little bit since I figure her lady parts are pretty small. Might try more tomorrow in the hope she can't expel all of it. After seeing what she did tonight, I think I'll wear a raincoat! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by