Vent holes in hova bator

aimeesue2118

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 8, 2013
I'm starting a hatch for my first grade class in a styrofoam hova bator. I used this one last year and only got 2/18. A lot of my problems were likely due to not finding out about the last 3 days of lockdown until after (I felt terrible!). There are vent holes in the top and bottom. Not sure how many of the holes should be open (there are plugs to plug them) or closed. I'm also wondering if putting a towel under it would be bad - are the bottom holes supposed to be for air to come in? Thanks!

When chicks start hatching they need as much fresh air as you can provide without compromising temp and humidity. Good luck with your hatch and fingers crossed it goes well for you!

Yes the bottom holes are for ventilation, but putting a towel under them is a good way to help prevent heat loss (insulation), but don't block the holes. Not sure how many holes are to remain open, it would depend on the incubator Model & normally the instructions would recommend how many should be open/closed

Brinsea incubators are lovely. I bought one awhile ago and I'm very happy with it.

Back
Top Bottom