Vent sexing?

Quote:
NOOooooooooooooooooo......................... I ANSWERED THE QUESTION FIRST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ha ha ha ha ahhhhhH LOL

I said I would take curtain #3......my chicks didn't come in today, I hope tomorrow...

fun stuff and educational! Thanks!

if you do get your chicks, will you try to Vent sex them, i would love it if you posted some good detailed pics, not to blurry,, lol i am a bag full of needs, lol i just wanna see

Hi I have a little almost 4 week old silkie and don't think feather sexing would work because it's feathers are coming in and it looks really different even though I've only had him for a couple weeks. I read somewhere that it is only accurate to vent sex a chick when it a couple of days old. Could I vent sex my little 4 week old? After reading this I feel pretty confident but would really appreciate if some one could explain the difference between the vent of the cock and the vent of the hen. I tried looking at the pictures and guessing, I got it right but still don't quite feel confident enough to do it.
Thanks!

Thanks for posting the great pictures!!!
Can you post some more please so we can try to sex again?
Thanks again.

Hi I have a little almost 4 week old silkie and don't think feather sexing would work because it's feathers are coming in and it looks really different even though I've only had him for a couple weeks. I read somewhere that it is only accurate to vent sex a chick when it a couple of days old. Could I vent sex my little 4 week old? After reading this I feel pretty confident but would really appreciate if some one could explain the difference between the vent of the cock and the vent of the hen. I tried looking at the pictures and guessing, I got it right but still don't quite feel confident enough to do it.
Thanks!

I don't know anything about vent sexing but I figured out which silkies were boys and girls pretty quickly by their feathering on their heads. My girl is more of a puffy afro and the boys have "streamer" feathers. Here's a couple pics...

Black Silkie - boy

White Silkie - Girl

Red Silkie - Boy

You can kind of see the streamer feathers on the black here...

However, they are all about 3 months in these photos.

0.jpg

Holy cow, I just watched the video. As a new chick mom, I was startled at the man-handling of the chicks. I don't think I have the nerve to even feather-sex and definitely am scared to vent sex. I think I'll just wait and see if my 4 are pullets, as sold. Thanks for the education, though and good luck to all you brave chick-sexers.:)

So I finally tried vent sexing my muscovy again and need your help. Do you think this is male or female? It doesn't really look like either to me, but I am no expert. It is 7 months old. Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom