Ventilation design help ideas.

Once you get the roof ventilation squared away, you might also consider an inline fan if you have electricity nearby. AC Infinity makes a nice one. You can even attach a charcoal filter to it. You would need to buy a grate cover for it, so that no chickys or critters touch the fan blades of course. There are also USB charging fans that can be used when nights are super hot. You can clip a few on the rafters and if you get a good one, they will run all night. Good luck! :)

The other thing I can think of quickly (and depending on how in depth you want to get with re-doing the ventilation), is to add dormers with operable windows. This would require additional framing, cutting a hole in the roof and flashing/roofing again on that side, and added cost in windows of course. It might add a little more space as well. I would caution blocking the rafters off, as you have to make sure anything you use is safe and they won't get caught in it. :)

Once you get the roof ventilation squared away, you might also consider an inline fan if you have electricity nearby. AC Infinity makes a nice one. You can even attach a charcoal filter to it. You would need to buy a grate cover for it, so that no chickys or critters touch the fan blades of course. There are also USB charging fans that can be used when nights are super hot. You can clip a few on the rafters and if you get a good one, they will run all night. Good luck! :)
What would be super hot? I live in Vermont. Hot days have been in the 90’s, but drop to the 60’s at night. My coop is in the shade and tHe chicken have access to their completely open run all day long.

Back
Top Bottom