Ventilation design help ideas.

An keep in mind you'll need to protect it from rain and snow infiltration,
so louvers would be a good idea.
I was looking at something like this.

48ACD487-06B4-417C-B262-5B9E95FC4D9F.png

What would be super hot? I live in Vermont. Hot days have been in the 90’s, but drop to the 60’s at night. My coop is in the shade and tHe chicken have access to their completely open run all day long.

Daytime you should have no issues. There isn't a simple answer regarding nighttime temps, but if there isn't a lot of airflow, it could get pretty hot in there. Think of a car with only partially open windows on a warm day. Temps could rise considerably and be held in at night when the coop is shut. I have pyramid hip roof on mine and it does get hot at night, especially when its in the 80's over a period of days. During heat waves, the temp in the coop may be uncomfortable. If you take a look in the coop on one of those nights and see if they are breathing heavy, you'll be able to tell its a bit too hot. You can also purchase a couple small temperature gauges on amazon and place them at a few different heights in the coop to check the nighttime temps. Hope it helps and good luck :)

I just checked the temperature with my thermal temperature gun. Outside temp is 73 and the coop temp is 78. I do have four windows that are open at night. I think I am more worried about the temperature getting too cold inside in the winter.

Back
Top Bottom