Ventilation on small coop?

Pics
I am building a small coop and run chicken coop set up in an urban area and I have some questions about the ventilation.

1. how much ventilation space do you need?
2.what kind of ventilation to use?

I plan on getting 3 chickens and my coop is 3x3x2 feet on the inside. the place that I live in never gets lower than 40 degrees Fahrenheit and never higher than 80.
please help!
also, do nesting boxes need extra ventilation? I have two attached to the coop. thanks!!
BYC is an awesome website, and if you would have done some homework and exploring here on your part, you would have found all the answers for getting three chickens and just throwing them in a small cubicle. Yes, your setup is indeed cute.

Chickens are interesting creatures, and they have requirements and needs like all living creatures. Read up as much as you can about these critters, and you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Chickens don't get the same respect as that $1,200 AKA pure bred lab puppy that folks buy. Sheesh.

Last edited:
I agree, thanks
Sorry if I came off as being rather harsh, but I see so many situations here where folks put the "cart before the horse", getting chickens first then find themselves in predicaments and asking questions later.

At least you're planning ahead and making preparations for your new arrivals and I hope everything works out for you. --BB

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom