Venting about being made to move out of my house -- UPDATE! GOOD NEWS!

Getting our keys and moving our first boxes in TOMORROW!!!!!
wee.gif

ya.gif
clap.gif
celebrate.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Thank you to all of you for your prayers and to Gryeyes for EVERYTHING!

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
You would be surprised how a BYCer can help, particuarly in a town like this one LOL! Congratulations!

What I didn't see are the barns or sheds your chickens will be sleeping in.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
You would be surprised how a BYCer can help, particuarly in a town like this one LOL! Congratulations!

Well, they will be temporarily housed in the mini coops we now have (we'll be trekking them up the hill in the back of a U-Haul), but Farmer Lew will be building a sturdy new predator-proof coop in the coming weeks once we are moved in.

This still feels completely surreal.

Ohhh! I am soooo happy for you! That looks absolutely lovely! And so very peaceful! Just imagine waking up in the morning to all those beautiful trees & the chicken noises... And no guns, or fireworks, or car horns, ect ect. Thanks be to God for providing this for you and for sending Linda along to help you obtain it!
bun.gif
love.gif
hugs.gif

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

Well, they will be temporarily housed in the mini coops we now have (we'll be trekking them up the hill in the back of a U-Haul), but Farmer Lew will be building a sturdy new predator-proof coop in the coming weeks once we are moved in.

This still feels completely surreal.

YAY for you and Farmer Lew!! And a
hugs.gif
for gryeys!! I know how you feel with it being surreal, we found a farm out of nowhere for rent less than 2 weeks ago and got it, and are signing contracts on it tomorrow and can move things in as soon as the work is done to the house which is almost complete! It's 7.68 ac, 4 br farmhouse built in 1926 and is wonderful!!
love.gif
We had a house fire last July and had to move to the burbs and re home the various flocks so this is very surreal to us also to have a place that feels SO much like home just dropped in our laps. I wasn't even looking for us but fr my godson's family.

Have SO much fun and let us know how everything's going for you when you can!!

*edit for a wrong smilie and the wrong year on the house, yup, I'm tired, lol!*

Last edited:
Yep, pick up the U-Haul Tuesday and drive up 1st thing Wednesday morning.

Last night was awesome, and it hurt my head today to have to come back to the ghetto house for 2 more days. Here is the view from our balcony when we got up this morning:

59404_first_morning_06.jpeg

Just to the right of this, there were deer roaming through.

See the little storage shed? The chicken coop will be on the flat ground behind it where that lawn furniture is now.

Here's another view from the balcony:

59404_first_morning_03.jpeg

And another:

59404_first_morning_02.jpeg

Yeah, I think I can get used to seeing this every morning.

Ohhhh! How lovely!!!!
big_smile.png
So happy for you, you guys deserve it!
Dont worry, those two days will be gone before you know it! Woo Hoo!

Back
Top Bottom