Vera became Victor, then changed to Vladimir, now an egg?

aardi

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jul 16, 2010
Really?
hmm.png

Okay a few weeks ago I posted some pic(s) of my Silkie (at the time she was Vera) to get everyone’s opinions as I thought she might be a he. So I got about 12 replies all saying roo. Ok, so I went with it.
So then Vera turned into Victor then decided that wouldn’t fly so changed it again to “Vladimir” as in Sir Vladimir Cluck’cluck.
Today at 16 weeks I got confirmation that he was indeed a he, this morning he crowed. Scared the heck out of himself and everyone else in the coop, it was so funny. But he did crow several times after the first one. (I think he was proud of himself so he just kept crowing).
Over the last two days someone has been tending the nesting boxes (not sure if it’s one or more chickens doing this). Today when I got home, Bella was in the boxes and looking like she was doing some setting up. She to is only 16 weeks and an EE (blue, green, or even pink eggs).
I let everyone out in the side run while I started cleaning up the coop. I turned my back for maybe 5 mins and then looked in the run and there was a light cream egg sitting on the ground.
ep.gif
The littlest egg ever! It’s only an inch and a half! So darn cute.
So of the chickens (all 16 weeks) we have Bella- EE (colored egg), Norma Jean- SLW (light brown eggs), Sookie- BSL (brown eggs), Buffy- BO (light brown eggs), Bubbles- Polish (white eggs) then Vladimir, and if he was a she would have small cream eggs…
Who laid it????? OUGH!
Pick of Vladimir and pic of the egg.
Ideas?
hu.gif
63306_photo_2.jpg

63306_photo_3.jpg

63306_the_egg.jpg

I hope so, as now I'm really wondering if I need to change Vlad's name back to Vera...
hu.gif

posted this to behavior and egg laying to see what they say...

I'd bet the egg was from bubbles.... When a hen starts to lay sometimes her eggs can be small or shaped odd. Your silkie is definitely a rooster!!!

i would say your ee laid the egg. 16 weeks old is to young for a silkie to lay. I would say your silkie is a rooster going by the comb and wattles. But if its crowing it is diffenetly a rooster.

Ok, turns out to be the EE.
See update on other post .
Post updated with pic of egg and chicken.

Back
Top Bottom