Vermont

Give the Vermont Bird Fancy club another try.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Vermontbirdfanciersclub/

It seems to be a very active list, recently.

is there a Marshfield VT ?

If you can scavenge up her e mail address or phone number, I will contact her.

That word "hatchaholic" always makes me smile.

We need to get more Vermonters on this Vermont thread.
Hunt them down and bring them here, so we can have some local communication.

I am up to my elbows in calving season right now.
Every day is like an Easter Egg hunt in the barn yard fields~!!
My favorite time of year. And the mud makes it real interesting too....

Hi fellow Vermonters! I'm in the hills between Newbury and East Corinth. I'm fairly new to BYC but am totally hooked. This is my second year raising chickens and my first try at incubating. I'm in the process of building a new coop and I've just rehabbed my old one to use as a 'broody coop' later this year.
big_smile.png

Thanks~!

2 more calves born yesterday in the torential downpour.
Both bull calves.
One weighed 95 lbs and the other 102 lbs.

I am going to post the information about a really good Disaster Training coming to Vermont.

Please copy/paste it and forward it to everyone you know.

Also, the latest edition of the Vermont AgReview is asking for people to join the State Animal Disaster team.

An Immersion Animal Disaster Training. MAY 2 & 3 2009

Noahs Wish www.noahswish.org

Fee: $125 New Noahs Wish Volunteers
$85 Returning Volunteers, Students & CERT members

Training is designed to simulate the conditions that you may experience during a disaster deployment, therefore we require you to be self-sufficient for the entire training period. This means sleeping at the training location and bringing enough food and water to carry you through Saturday and Sunday.

See all the information about this training:

Noah's Wish at: www.noahswish.org
Scroll down/left side of opening page.
General Training Information/Agenda/Registration

Strictly Limited to 70 participants.

RESERVE your spots SOON.

This is the only national animal disaster training being offered in New England.

Every year Noahs Wish focuses on 2 species--
2009 is Horses & Chickens.

March 2009 newsletter with MUCH more information
http://www.noahswish.org/materials/March 2009.pdf

Last edited:
Hello, we are rather close I am in Dover Vermont. It's a busy time of year for many and as the season moves on im sure you will meet other vermonters here.

I put in my last order with mcmurray this year and only want to hatch my own from now on. Last year went very well and I have a hen on eggs now for my first broody hatch this year. Nice to meet you and hope you enjoy Backyard Chicken

Hey Vermonters, Although I wouldn't dare call myself a Vermonter yet, I do live in the state.

I'm In Windham, about halfway between CowChick and kaya's farm. I must've missed this topic before, but I'm here now.

I just registered for the Noah's Wish traing, is anyone else planning to attend?

Howdy fhdogs and welcome.

Only 3 weeks left to sign up for the training.

Please copy/paste the training info above into another e mail and send it to everyone who has animals.

I really would like to see more Vermonters and folks from NH there, as this is the ONLY national training coming to VERMONT and all of New England.

I need 6 good chickens for the Sunday class session, so if anyone signs up for the training and has chickens that would like to be "students", please let me know.

The State of Vermont is developing state DART ( Disaster Animal Response Teams ) teams and having meetings.

First step is TRAINING.

Last edited:
Lincoln here - looking for someone to take our rooster home with them! 1 year old beautiful leghorn; I don't trust our two year old grandchild with him.

I'm almost a Vermonter . . . I can walk to Pownal (south of Bennington) from my house in Williamstown, MA. We buy our gas, beer, milk, and chick starter all in Vermont as much as possible, so that should count for something.

Take care,

Rachel

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom