Vermont

Pics
I have 25 Black Copper Marans eggs in the incubator right now! Ready to hatch March 3rd. Anyone want chicks, I'll be selling them for $5 each. This is just a warm up to make sure the incubator was still working!

Unfortunately I have no good place at the moment for chicks
sad.png
You shouldn't have a problem selling them.
I have a brand new Brinsea that I am dying to fire up but unfortunately the girls are no cooperating
sad.png
I am off to separate all the roos but 1 or 2 from the pen in hopes to get them laying. I need eggs to hatch!!

I can drop you some eggs if you really need them.

Unfortunately I have no good place at the moment for chicks
sad.png
You shouldn't have a problem selling them.
I have a brand new Brinsea that I am dying to fire up but unfortunately the girls are no cooperating
sad.png
I am off to separate all the roos but 1 or 2 from the pen in hopes to get them laying. I need eggs to hatch!!

Last edited:
That is awful nice
big_smile.png
Thanks. I am hoping moving some boys out they will start to lay
fl.gif
IF things don't get moving soon I may need to get some.
What breed of birds do you have?

My sister had the same problem with her hens. She had too many roos and they were being too pushy with the hens. She moved all but 3 roos for 25 hens and now they are laying like crazy. So there is hope.

My sister had the same problem with her hens. She had too many roos and they were being too pushy with the hens. She moved all but 3 roos for 25 hens and now they are laying like crazy. So there is hope.

That is great to hear. I moved 4 boys out last night which made a huge difference with Fred, the dominate roo. He did not come after me today like he has been. I just hope I took out the right 4
hmm.png
I hope they start laying soon.

That is awful nice
big_smile.png
Thanks. I am hoping moving some boys out they will start to lay
fl.gif
IF things don't get moving soon I may need to get some.
What breed of birds do you have?

Black Copper Marans are the only pure eggs I could get you, as all my roosters are BCM's.

That is great to hear. I moved 4 boys out last night which made a huge difference with Fred, the dominate roo. He did not come after me today like he has been. I just hope I took out the right 4
hmm.png
I hope they start laying soon.

yes the hens are much happier with fewer roos. I also have 2 roosters over 20+ hens. It is a very happy ratio, plus the roosters are so busy with all those hens they seem to not care about the humans.

Black Copper Marans are the only pure eggs I could get you, as all my roosters are BCM's.

I have decided that I am not going to set any until the Easter Hatch-A-Long. We set on the 17th of March. I am hoping the girls are laying by then
fl.gif
. If not would you pm me your price so I would definitely at least have something to set.

Keara,

I just stumbled onto this thread. I am from the Mass/VT/New York line and have been looking for black copper marans forever without any luck. Where are you located in Vermont?

Back
Top Bottom