Very aggressive Golden Laced Wyandotte

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuffinsTheCat28

In the Brooder
Jul 8, 2022
Hi. I have a rooster that is especially mean. He's a golden laced wyandotte. Basically I have to carry a broom around him after the good old squirt bottle stopped doing anything. Whenever I'm out there if I am by him at all he will come up to me and start jumping up and sparring me hard! I can't invite him to dinner no matter how much I want too because I need a protector for the hens because there's a dog problem in my area and he does a darn good job, but I don't want to deal with this. Any advice? Thanks.

By the way he also attacks the broom, and has even attacked a pitchfork before.

Hi. I have a rooster that is especially mean. He's a golden laced wyandotte. Basically I have to carry a broom around him after the good old squirt bottle stopped doing anything. Whenever I'm out there if I am by him at all he will come up to me and start jumping up and sparring me hard! I can't invite him to dinner no matter how much I want too because I need a protector for the hens because there's a dog problem in my area and he does a darn good job, but I don't want to deal with this. Any advice? Thanks.

By the way he also attacks the broom, and has even attacked a pitchfork before.
I am having the same problem with mine. He gets along with all of my other birds but attacks me randomly. I wonder if he thinks I'm one of his "women" who just won't "get in my place." I have been told that I should get rid of him, but I don't have the heart to kill him or rehome him either because he is a good protector for the hens, just like you said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom