very disappointed

raspeary

Songster
10 Years
Apr 13, 2009
Cortland New York
I hate to say this, but I'm very disappointed in the forum today. I had posted earlier today and only got 1 response in this topic and 2 in another topic. I have posted things that weren't even important or had to do anything with health and got tons of responses. And when I needed help i felt like I got little response/help.

I'm not going to stop using this forum because of the great advice that is normally gotten but just had to voice my opinion.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but you need to remember how quickly posts move down the line and disappear off the front page on this forum. Also we all have busy lives and aren't always around to offer help when someone needs it. Often doing a search will get you the answer you're looking for. It isn't like there is a paid staff here with shifts that they work.

well, sometimes it's slow because the answer people aren't on, and sometimes you don't get many answers because there are so many people on that your post gets kicked off the front couple of pages real quick. You, can't go gettin offended. If anybody is there that knows the answer, they'll sure answer it.

that's just what happens with a forum with so many members. It stinks, but that's also why there's a such a great search feature .. you can find just about anything!

I'm sorry you felt that not enough people answered your post, however upon reading your posts (if these are the ones you're referring to in needing help)

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=200085

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=200477

someone replied within a few moments of you posting to each and provided you with answers and even another post to go off of. Did you want more people to respond to it to verify what the other poster wrote? Did you do a search to verify it yourself prior to posting your question?

I'm not understanding where your disappointment is coming from?
hu.gif

Last edited:
I check the posts constantly through out the day and I missed yours. It must have moved quickly to a second page. I'm sorry you were disappointed. What did you need help with?

I have a confession: I skim the emergencies section for threads that have 0-1 responses & for topics that interest me.

If someone has more than 2 responses, I figure that their question was probably reasonably answered. Mainly what I've done lately is refer people to search terms to use on BYC. For example, I've never dealt w/ sour crop but am familiar with symptoms and can help people identify them so that they can get the info they need that already exists on BYC.

Back
Top Bottom