Very Disturbed by What I'm Reading So Far

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry this is so funny to me but it is just Chickens

I am way more disturbed that their are children that have no one to love them and Friends dying of Cancer, people who need jobs.

If it makes someone happy to have a pen full of mixed breed chickens I just don't lose any sleep over that.

ep.gif

You know, all I wanted was some eggs. I did not want King Roo and Queen Hen. Just some chickens to enjoy and get some eggs from and perhaps eat a few.

If I wanted to raise purebred chickens and 'show' them then I would really be concerned about the 'breed' I chose.

As it is I am loving my chickens. I know what some are and there are still a few not sures in the pen.

But I understand the need for some people to raise and keep the breeds pure. I am not that person...yet. (am loving the chickens so far and there is no telling where I will go with this)

But it seems to me that the reason this is BYC is because we are just a bunch of normal folks out here trying to raise our own eggs and perhaps have a few chickens to eat and the main thing that is important to us is that we keep them healthy, keep them safe and take some time each day to simply watch the chickens peck.

If the day comes that I think I need purebred chickens I will go at it with the same enthusium as I have with my 'just chickens' and I will get as educated as I possibly can and try and do the right thing....just like I am doing now with my 'just chickens'.

I think the point in this website and especially with the forum is to get answers to our questions and to see the joy that everyone else has in thier chickens.....we have to share with someone!!

So, I am going to just enjoy my chickens and learn everything I can about keeping them healthy and in the long run I will benifit from that!
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
See, here's the thing... unlike cichlids and goldfish, chickens have a few purposes in life, mostly revolving around the dinner table, so I just think of the plumage and type varieties as a paint job on a future omelette or drumstick. Lots of people here have a LOT of experience also breeding animals to very exacting standards, and spending their lifes effort and income to do it. The fun of chickens is to be able to not take it so seriously and just have fun. All eggs boil up the same, and after they have been processed, they all taste like chicken.

thumbsup.gif

I am glad when the mutation of the silkie feather popped up that someone ran with it. I love silkies too.

No disrepect meant to the OP. You have every right to your own ideas
I am just up late tonite and feeling sort of Jolly

Last edited:
My ducks are mallard derived offshoots of a cross between an Indian runner and a rouen which led to the khaki campbell breed which resulted in a color mutation that led to the welsh harlequin breed...are purebred Welsh Harlequins. That should tell you how much that word "purebred" really means
big_smile.png

Looks like crossbred win!!!! You lose.
I'm glad most people don't think like that. This would be a boring world if everybody had a purebred _______(whatever), no variety.

I walked into KFC....
CASHIER: What can I get for you?

ME: Ummmm gimmee a Aracauna with some potatoes and gravy.

When they gave me my food I saw the chicken HAD A BUTT!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?!?!?!
barnie.gif

So I told the cashier that's NOT what I ordered! I DEMANDED my money back and stormed out! I'll NEVER eat KFC AGAIN!
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif

some people are SO stupid eh?

lau.gif
gig.gif

welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif

I walked into KFC....
CASHIER: What can I get for you?

ME: Ummmm gimmee a Aracauna with some potatoes and gravy.

When they gave me my food I saw the chicken HAD A BUTT!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?!?!?!
So I told the cashier that's NOT what I ordered! I DEMANDED my money back and stormed out! I'll NEVER eat KFC AGAIN!

some people are SO stupid eh?

Fun-E post​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom