VERY GRAPHIC PICS TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!

mahen8622

Songster
11 Years
Jan 19, 2009
KY
i opened an egg today that was past due so i wanted ot see if there was a chick in there or if it drowned in the egg bc i had a staggered hatch or what so i found this!!!!! it has TWO BEAKS AND THREE EYES!!! it was days away from hatching AHHHHH it died fifteen min after i opened the egg this is pretty disturbing to me has this happened to anyone b4????

21467_freakchick.jpg

21467_freakchick2.jpg

Can you get a clearer pic? I had one that was kind of the opposite...no eyes or upper beak...the poor little thing was lively though so I actually had to cull it.
sickbyc.gif

sorry this lil mutant is in the garbage it was so horrific to me it had full movement of its beaks they all moved in unouson ( sorry if spelling is off) these are the only pics i have my sister took a few to i could post them at a later date.
what causes this EEEEK!

hmm didnt know if it was due to inbreeding or what i got a dozen eggs from someone locally and didnt know if it was jsut that theyd bred these birds to much or what

Quote:
I had one this morning no top beak. It was the most alive of all the chicks!! I had to cull as well. I felt horible cause it just stared at me an peeped away. How is it that the deformed one could be better off than the "normal" ones? It's weird!

Poor baby, it just wasn't meant to be. Just like some "siamese" twins that sometimes don't make it for the same reasons... babies fused at the wrong time or something....
sad.png

yep it had one giant eye in the middle between the top of hte beaks and two smaller ones on either eyes veeery odd one leg was a bit smaller too

Back
Top Bottom