very injured duck in need of help

thats one of the vets i sent messages to, they closed before i saw that yesterday and arent open today.

i cant go much of anywhere until tuesday, no car so i have to arrange trips at least 4 or 5 days in advance and have a grocery shopping trip already scheduled for tuesday. if i dont have a reply to my messages by lunch tomorrow im going to be calling the 2 vets to get estimates and possible get an appointment.

Ok, got an appointment for her tomorrow morning. Ended up going with the vet that had the $1 exam coupon. None of them would give me a estimate on how much anything more then the exam would cost. So at the very least I'll be getting a vet's opinion of her wound and progress.

got a good look at the wound during her bath today, except for the hole the rest seems just about healed already. there is a small scabby looking section about the size of the hole near the top of the wound but the rest seems to have a thin layer of skin now or at least looks like it does (no longer raw flesh). I'll be taking photos of her progress along just in case they want or need to see what it started as and how much shes healed. im just hoping they can close the hole without charging a ton and dont think shes been neglected with how underweight she is now. she wasnt heavy to begin with (about half the weight i think she should be) and has lost a good bit since the attack. but then even though they eat a lot, none of my birds seem to be at weight. i think its cause the expected weight is for penned or caged birds and mine roam over 1/2-3/4 acre all day every day.

Back
Top Bottom