Very mad ( hope this is the right spot )

bryan8

Songster
10 Years
May 21, 2009
New york
Well let me start off. I saw a posting on craigslist for a coop and 5 hens. For a few days we emailed each other and finally after a game of phone tag we set up a tine to meet which was today. I took my parents car and drove way out to this guys house. I walked in back with him and he brought me to this little hutch that he had 5 hens in. They looked sickly and way over a year old like he said. I didn't want to say no, so I gave him the $25 and I took the 5 hens. They has swelled nasty looking legs and they looked sick and were in a hard molt. They're beaks looked cut also. I was driveing home and I was thinking and I pulled over. These birds were too sick and I shouldnof never bought them but I didn't want to be rude. I called him up and we talked for about 20mins. He didn't want to give me my money back and he told me he would give me half back and I said I want it all back. We agured and he said call me back in 30 mins and I said no I'm on my way back. We hung up. He called me a scamer and said I was trying to pull one over on him. He asked if I wanted them for free and I said yes but I wouldn't keep them and i'd find a home for them but than said that it would be too much work. I got there put the birds back got my money got called a scamer again and then I got the hell out of there.

Than I found this on craigslist http://binghamton.craigslist.org/grd/1404646350.html

he
really gets me mad. It's not my foult I was trying to be nice and not come out and say his birds were sick and not treated well. Just beacuse im a teenager dosent mean I don't know what I'm doing. I've been raiseing pheasants and quail sence I was 15 and got into chickens last year. I know when birds are sickly and I wounder if it makes him feel good that he was trying to cheat out a kid

Needed to vent commets anyone?

~Bryan

Last edited:
Well, first of all, I think you should have simply judged the condition of the birds, and just said "no." You're the one who invested the time driving out there, and you didn't owe it to this guy to buy bad goods.

As for being called a "scammer", how are you scamming him by demanding your money back, and giving him back his birds? He was just trying to bully you into buying his old, diseased hens. Don't fall for it. He's the scammer, not you. He ended up no worse off than before he met you ... he still has his birds. What's he out, the 20 minutes he spent trying to scam you into keeping his faulty merchandise? I wouldn't worry about this loser's comments.

I wouldnt let that dudes comments bother me. Sounds like he had a one track mind to begin with.
Dont let people take advantage of you with a sad story. I have spent 26 years in EMS/Fire/ER. I have probably heard them all. If you feed a stray...it isnt a stray long..its yours. People are no different.

You did right by taking birds back. Your lucky you got your money back and your lucky the police wasnt there when you got back.

Live and learn.

Hard heads make for sore butts and light wallets!!!!!

I bought chickens from a friend of mine who is a reputable seller. He has all his birds tested and has them inspected before he would sell them to me. I turned down free birds because I knew that even though I would pay more, I would have better quality birds
woot.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom