very new..trying to identify a hen

new2chick

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 30, 2014
Thought she was a silver laced wyandotte hen but her markings arent dark enough are they? Well how do I upload picture?

I can tommorw....I know not best of pic but shes pretty light in color....

Well thank you and very personable. ...shes a talker : ) a little dissapoited about her not veing a silver laced wyandotte already has a silver laced rooster to pair her with... if I breed the two could I end up with asilver laced still?

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Your hen is definitely not a Silver Laced Wyandotte (although she may have some SLW in her). She lacks both the silver lacing and the rose comb (she has a single comb) of the Silver Laced Wyandotte. If you breed her with a Silver Laced Wyandotte rooster, the offspring may look closer to a Silver Laced Wyandotte, but drumstick diva is correct; they will still be mixed breeds. If you want to raise Silver Laced Wyandottes, you need to get a SLW hen to breed with your rooster. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

I agree here, she is some sort of mix. She is still a very pretty hen! Enjoy her and welcome to our flock!

Back
Top Bottom