Very red swollen chicken butt - pictures

This is a yeast infection of the skin. It is not normal. Please get the vet to treat with anti-candida medication.

That is a prolapsed vent. Remove the chicken from its flock to advoid pecking. After removing her, wash off any poop that has gathered with warm water. Then gently push the prolapsed vent back in the vent. Once you've done that apply petroleum jelly. Once she has had a prolapsed vent once she will most likely have it again. My chicken is six and has a prolapsed vent I have been doing my research and am telling you everything I know. Good luck!

That's a prolapsed vent. Separate her from the other chickens to avoid pecking. Wash all poop off with warm water and then GENTLY push the prolapsed vent back in the chicken. After that apply petroleum jelly where the prolapsed vent was. If not cleaned or treated, the prolapsed vent might turn into fly strike which is deadly. A prolapsed vent is caused my the hen trying to produce eggs to large for her, laying through the winter, and, being over weight. Once it has happened once expect to have to deal with it again. My hen is six and is suffering a prolapsed vent I have been doing my research and am telling you everything I know. Good luck!

Sorry, I don't know.
1f615.png

Back
Top Bottom