Very scary thing happen before my eyes!!!! so sad!!! Darn Coyote!!!

Quote:
Yeah, me too. You did a wonderful thing by adopting two dogs who needed you Lance, and that's all that's important. Sorry to have caused a stir, I could have ignored her. Back on the subject now! Good luck to you Lance and keep us updated on how things go for you, I for one am very interested.

Thank you!!! I think everyone thinks differently but you know you grow that special bond when you have a dog especially if they are your running partners and I have to admit I was upset with my dogs but there comes a time where you have to just focus on how you can fix the problem. I can always get another dog something that will be a little more alert cause there is just no way I can let these strays go it would be like I gave up on them and I took them in into my home and cared for them. So thanks for being a new friend and just giving your point of view makes a lot of sense to me. It's fine that we may have our opinions no one is going to agree on everything with one another but I have to agree you made a good point thank you.

Quote:
Yeah, me too. You did a wonderful thing by adopting two dogs who needed you Lance, and that's all that's important. Sorry to have caused a stir, I could have ignored her. Back on the subject now! Good luck to you Lance and keep us updated on how things go for you, I for one am very interested.

Thank you!!! I think everyone thinks differently but you know you grow that special bond when you have a dog especially if they are your running partners and I have to admit I was upset with my dogs but there comes a time where you have to just focus on how you can fix the problem. I can always get another dog something that will be a little more alert cause there is just no way I can let these strays go it would be like I gave up on them and I took them in into my home and cared for them. So thanks for being a new friend and just giving your point of view makes a lot of sense to me. It's fine that we may have our opinions no one is going to agree on everything with one another but I have to agree you made a good point thank you.

Thank you chickmate for being a friend and thanks pepsNick for your opinion

Hello viewers:
Okay just to give an update the fish and wildlife haven't yet give me a call I feel like I'm just harassing them 24/7 and they won't come out here its very fustrating. Yesterday we had visitors here and while I was on the computer my friend saw the coyote I should have taken a picture of him or her but the coyote is back and was staring at my chicken coop. I tried not to make a sound cause I wanted to know his/her reaction that way I can be more prepared. But the coyote is way too close for comfort. It nearly stood there for five whole minutes just standing there looking. It was creepy to be honest. I have to invest in a gun I never killed or shot anything in my life but in order to protect my flock I have to. This is all new to me and its just too much if you ask me. But my birds are lovely and I can't dare to see another get taken again. But hey if I can eat hamburgers and bacon then sure I think I have enough strength to take it to that next level on shooting this coyote I hate to I really do but I need to grow a thicker skin right now and protect my flock. The coyote always comes around between 5:30 between 6:00pm and his on the prowl to get dinner. I havent yet let my girls out. I hate to keep them coop up so for the mean time I'm throwing head of lettuce and apples to keep the company. Thanks to those who posted and giving me the strength to take matters into my hands and those who has loss chickens in the past its very fustrating and makes you angry. Thank you again. I will keep you posted.

And thanks to all the great hard working dogs, that put their lives on the line to protect their families and livestock..Can you imagine a violent criminal entering your home as your family sleeps one night and the family pooch just watches,,!?...
Well, to each their own,however, that kinda dog wouldn't be for me.I'd perfer one dog that covers all bases, loving pet and protector...

We saw a coyote in the river bed behind our house playing with something over the weekend. I went and put all the chickens up, DH thought I was being paranoid.

SEE I'm not crazy!

darn coyotes!

I'm sorry about your hen, that's so sad.
sad.png

I would be hysterical after hearing her get carried off like that.
sad.png

Quote:
I would find it very hard to have to kill an animal that is just trying to survive like the rest of us. Coyotes don't kill our chickens for the fun of it, they do it to feed their young and continue to exist. They have as much right to this earth as we do. That being said, I also would not want to live fearing for my chickens every day. I guess the best course of action is to eliminate the predator in the most humane way possible. Good luck Lance, I'm rootin' for you!
yippiechickie.gif

I'm all for exterminating. Coyotes are lazy and opportunist. THey will eat anything. I do everything to protect my kids with feathers. WHen they get so close to the property it's time to take action. Yes. They have to eat, too. But let them go for the wildlife,all the squirrels, bunnies, sick animals.
I have three rescued Border Collie's. They have been through thick and thin for me. They are my kids with fur, my pets and part of my daily life. One of them is old and arthritic a coyote would kill her in a heart beat...I would never put my senior dog, Gracie or the others in harms way. Coyotes are sly and sneaky.....just my personal opinion. We all take a stand for what we feel is right!
I wish you all the best OP and hope you have the courage to defend your safety and those around you! Take care ...."Vin, vidi, vici"....."I came, I saw, I conquered!"
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I would find it very hard to have to kill an animal that is just trying to survive like the rest of us. Coyotes don't kill our chickens for the fun of it, they do it to feed their young and continue to exist. They have as much right to this earth as we do. That being said, I also would not want to live fearing for my chickens every day. I guess the best course of action is to eliminate the predator in the most humane way possible. Good luck Lance, I'm rootin' for you!
yippiechickie.gif

AWWW thank you I really appreciated it, it means a lot to me you have no idea. Yes indeed I'm going to take my coyote into my own hands. Thanks for the support

Back
Top Bottom